Beltre vs. Ramirez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltre vs. Ramirez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby theonlyone » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:44 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
theonlyone wrote:Yeah...I was talking about Aramis. I picked Aramis and Miguel Cabrera over Manny. 8-o


8-o 8-o I would have only done that if it was a keeper and if I got triple points for players under 27. :-°


It's just a regular roto 5x5. I did it...because I like to pick by youth. I don't got one player older than 30.
theonlyone Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend


Posts: 11
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:42 pm

If you can get Aramis AND MCab, I'd definitely do it. The problem with Beltre is it's only one season. I'd take him but I don't see him getting out of the first or first half of the second and I'm picking 9/12.

I don't see Aramis in the 3rd as a 'bad' alternative and I hope to get him there if he's available. Maybe in the second if I go nuts. His numbers last year were VERY good and he's of that certain age and, even w/o Sammy and Moises, he may have some guys on base, instead of a stiff breeze and confident pitcher who just K'd Sammy...*fingers crossing either way* :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:03 am

theonlyone wrote:Yeah...I was talking about Aramis. I picked Aramis and Miguel Cabrera over Manny. 8-o

8-o Wow, thats a huge leap right there......
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:06 am

BELTRE ;-D ;-D
Image
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3522
Joined: 8 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:11 am

Not only do I think Beltre will repeat, I think he has a great chance to be better this yr. Park effect is mitigated by peak age theory and a much better lineup. I wish I get the chance to draft him in the 2nd because I feel as though that would be a bargain.

I also love Aram as a 3rd rd pick - great player no doubt. But which will put up better numbers when all is said and done? Beltre easily.

As for drafting miggy that early - why not draft Cliff Lee 5 rounds later? He'll give you similar power numbers, a higher BA, and more SBs. I think Ive come to the conclusion that MCab is one of the more overrated players right now - early 2nd is silly.
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Registered_Guest » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:01 am

I like A.Ramirez more than Beltre overall and value wise (because 99 times out of 100, Beltre goes several spots higher)....I just don't know that I'd draft A-ram 2nd round.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 955
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rlee » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:48 am

A couple of thoughts on Beltre ... First of all, I'm not totally convinced he's the real stuff, but every forecast and every expertopinion says he is. Numbers will go down some from last year, but hey, they almost can't go up.

But my main point is that many people on this board say his numbers will go down because he's moving to Safeco. Well, keep in mind that the stout figures he posted last year were not in a hitter's paradise, they were in Dodger Stadium. So the ballpark issue to me is a non-factor.

But, to answer the question, I would have to say Beltre over A-Ram, but they're both awfully good.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1475
Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cordova, TN

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:03 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Not only do I think Beltre will repeat, I think he has a great chance to be better this yr. Park effect is mitigated by peak age theory and a much better lineup. I wish I get the chance to draft him in the 2nd because I feel as though that would be a bargain.

I also love Aram as a 3rd rd pick - great player no doubt. But which will put up better numbers when all is said and done? Beltre easily.

As for drafting miggy that early - why not draft Cliff Lee 5 rounds later? He'll give you similar power numbers, a higher BA, and more SBs. I think Ive come to the conclusion that MCab is one of the more overrated players right now - early 2nd is silly.

I'd love to hear your argument on how a starting pitcher for the Indians will give you better hitting numbers than Miguel Cabrera :-D . On topic, Beltre will probably end up with better numbers, but it won't be that much better than Aramis. So I think Aramis is a better value pick, to be had in the 3rd or 4th round and let Beltre be taken earlier. Though straight up, I would take Beltre over Aramis.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby George_Foreman » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:26 pm

mtarail wrote:
theonlyone wrote:Yeah I picked him in the 2nd. I just am not sure Beltre will be nearly as good as he was last year.


Join the club, my friend. ;-D

If anyone thought he was a lock to repeat these #'s he'd be a top 10 pick this year--maybe even top 5.


well, i took beltre 9th overall in my keeper league draft this year, so i guess that should indicate how much i think he'll repeat last year's numbers. ;-)

he'll be a stud and i would definitely take beltre in the late 2nd over aram in the 3rd.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Postby quicksilver8 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:53 pm

For what its worth, I'd take A-ram.
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 454
Joined: 7 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Nebuchadnezzar

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact