Vlad is the best 5 tool player - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vlad is the best 5 tool player

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:47 pm

I think those are just the stats from 2004 after he switched teams.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rico The Retard » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:52 pm

Vlad is definitely better than Abreu and Beltran and he is a great five category player, besides Pujols, Vlad is the best player in the game fantasy wise
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby paulman8 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:28 am

gotta go with beltran here in the 5-category division. 2 of the past 4 years he's hit .300. He is also the only one of them that has a shot at going 40-40 unless Abreu goes on the Barry Bonds Diet.
Seeing as the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row, does that mean that soon they are going to have to start making columns as well???

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74587
paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rico The Retard » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:32 am

paulman8 wrote:gotta go with beltran here in the 5-category division. 2 of the past 4 years he's hit .300. He is also the only one of them that has a shot at going 40-40 unless Abreu goes on the Barry Bonds Diet.

yes Beltran will get more steals then Vlad but probably only about 20 or 15 more, while Vlad dominates Beltran in all of the other 5x5 cats, a five category player doesnt exactly need to steal 40 bases a year id be fine with him stealing 15 consistently if he can keep up everything else to super highs, plus with Beltran in Shea(although i believe his stolen bases will go up) expect most of his hitting stats to go down
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:32 am

blankman wrote:I like Vlad over Beltran, but I like Alex Rodriguez over both of them.

You Yankee homer :-D J/k

Ok i got to ask why? Arod with his 28 sb last year still was out earned by Vlad and Beltran. I doubt anyone expects Arod to steal 28 again, which means he has to significantly raise the other 4 catergories to pass Vlad or Beltran.

I would rank Vlad the best 5 guy, but if Beltran can hit 320, he likely passes Vlad, who's not a big threat to steal 20 anymore.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:31 am

No way Beltran hits .320. He hasn't even came close to it in his career and he isn't going to get that much better to hit that high. I still stand by Pujols and Vlad ahead of him.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:19 pm

HOOTIE wrote:
blankman wrote:I like Vlad over Beltran, but I like Alex Rodriguez over both of them.

You Yankee homer :-D J/k

Ok i got to ask why? Arod with his 28 sb last year still was out earned by Vlad and Beltran. I doubt anyone expects Arod to steal 28 again, which means he has to significantly raise the other 4 catergories to pass Vlad or Beltran.

I would rank Vlad the best 5 guy, but if Beltran can hit 320, he likely passes Vlad, who's not a big threat to steal 20 anymore.

I'm personally expecting a huge year from Alex. I think the Average will be back up now that he's adjusted. He's bulked up so I see his HR's increasing when combined with just hitting better overall. He also was plain awful hitting with RISP last year, which killed a lot of RBI chances. I think he takes advantage of those situations more having adjusted to the city, attention etc. Finally, in the most debatable stat, I think he continues to run this season. Torre will let him run and he still doesn't believe he has earned his pinstripes yet and the way Alex plays the game, I don't see him getting complacent and not running given the opportunity. His hustle last year was very much like Jeter; I can't say if he was the same back with Texas, but I think Alex will do everything he can to earn his pinstripes.

.305 40+ HR, 25 SB, 120 RBI at 3rd base. Granted 3B is deep now, but I still prefer to have an infielder early over an OF. Call me a homer if you want, but I just expect a return to greatness from Alex this year ;-D
Last edited by blankman on Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby blankman » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:20 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:No way Beltran hits .320. He hasn't even came close to it in his career and he isn't going to get that much better to hit that high. I still stand by Pujols and Vlad ahead of him.

I would definately take Pujols and Vlad ahead of Beltran. And Beltran hitting .320 is very far fetched in my opinion as well.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

does it matter?

Postby quicksilver8 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:19 pm

All three guys are great players and will anchor any fantasy team. In my opinion stolen bases are tougher to find that batting average or some power. It is doubtful that Vlad will ever steal more than 15-20 bases ever again, while Abreu and Beltran should be 30+ steal guys for a few years. I'd rather take Abreu and try to find a chump later in the draft to help out with 15 homers and a few rbis than take Vlad and try to find a guy to get me 20 steals later in the draft.

When it is all said and done, all three are huge studs and nobody could fault you for taking any one of these guys with a first round pick.
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: does it matter?

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:28 pm

quicksilver8 wrote:All three guys are great players and will anchor any fantasy team. In my opinion stolen bases are tougher to find that batting average or some power. It is doubtful that Vlad will ever steal more than 15-20 bases ever again, while Abreu and Beltran should be 30+ steal guys for a few years. I'd rather take Abreu and try to find a chump later in the draft to help out with 15 homers and a few rbis than take Vlad and try to find a guy to get me 20 steals later in the draft.

When it is all said and done, all three are huge studs and nobody could fault you for taking any one of these guys with a first round pick.

Its not like Vlads steals are garbage. 15-20 is pretty good from a power hitter. Plus, you dont find guys who hit .330 and hit 40 homeruns growing on trees.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers