20-team draft; what do you think? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

20-team draft; what do you think?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:32 pm

I like Peavy, but hopefully you can get some sleeper FA SP's during the season.. Bronson could end up a steal, and closer's can be had during the season.. overall..Extremely good for this league... ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dumb Meat Head » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:07 am

thats a damn good team for a 20 teamer. Getting Teixeira in the third round is incredible, especially for a 20 teamer. Having him and guerrero will probably put you head and shoulders over any team. Having peavy as your ace and burnett who can be an ace is huge also if they both work out.

It looks like you have enough depth to trade for closers. Just try to piece together some cheap saves and then you can at least compete for that category.

I dont think steals will be that big of a problem for you since you have two guys that will get you 30, which is somewhat rare and in a 20 team league i bet a lot of teams are light on steals. The only teams you might have problems with are the guys who have crawford or podsednik. But if you lose steals to a few teams outright and then compete with the rest thats all you need.

You have a strong chance to dominate the rest of the categories so overall you're set.
Dumb Meat Head
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby chris8 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:27 am

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I am pleased with the team!

Regarding Tex, I watched in disbelief as players like Nomar, Hudson and Pods were drafted ahead of him. Then when it got back to my 2nd round pick, I took the chance that the guy who drafted 1st (and took Pujols) wouldn't want to take another 1B so early, and I drafted Peavy instead, to get a top SP. And it paid off, as Tex was still there for me in round 3!
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby kenjinenjin » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:04 pm

your team is awesome for a 20 team league...wow. if you decide to punt saves, another SP would help. your lineup is amazing for a 20 team league...especially if hidalgo manages to put up a respectable season
kenjinenjin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BB1017 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:19 pm

Thanks for taking a look at my roster.. Bartlette, I missed him. the others are gone, I'll take a look when the WW opens.

Yours.... Nice offense! I'm thinking Closser might be your starting C by the allstar break. I'm not as thrilled with your SP. You know the issues with the RP.... You have a few possiblities/long shots as #3/4 starters but I would trade one of those sticks for a strong #2 starter.

For example.. J Bay....take a chance on Swisher (we both he'll do fine)
BB1017
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team