NO TRADE, PICKUP OR COMMISH QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM, PLEASE - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

NO TRADE, PICKUP OR COMMISH QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM, PLEASE

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NO TRADE, PICKUP OR COMMISH QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM, PLEASE

Postby EugeneStyles » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:21 pm

Please post all trade questions in the Trade, Keeper, and Waiver Questions forum and all Commish/League Setup Questions in the Commissioner's Corner forum. I've been spending a lot of time moving posts from here to the proper forums, and I have a sneaking suspicion that people are posting questions here on purpose to give them greater visibility. I will continue to move such posts to where they belong, when I notice them, but if I notice anyone in particular continually "forgetting" to post to the right place, I may start simply deleting theirs.

It goes without saying that Analyze Team posts and Classifieds, etc. should also go to the proper forums, but I haven't noticed as much of a problem with those.

Note that I'm not necessarily talking about posts like "Shawn Chacon has been great so far. Should I pick him up? Should I trade for him?" There's a grey area, and posts that fall in that grey area might be moved, but won't be punished. But if it's obviously a trade question, post it in the trade forum, eh? Make the moderators' jobs a little easier, please.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Thu May 08, 2003 2:24 am

;-D So what you are saying is ... that if someone needed info on say .. "Penis Enlargement" ... it would be best to look in the "Classified" section first? Not in .. "Fantasy Talk"? .. I can see how the two would be confusing .. But your system kinda keeps everything in order and we will learn more.. thats what you mean right?

Thanks Styles ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby just passing through » Sat May 10, 2003 8:40 am

For what it's worth, when you first reach the list of forums and you're choosing which one to enter, this is what it says:

Sleepers, trades, strategy, advice... all the fantasy baseball talk you could ask for!

Granted, it also has this right after it:

(Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they now have separate forums.)

But you might have a little more luck if you deleted the "trades" from the first part. ;-D
Good luck!
just passing through
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Arlo » Sun May 11, 2003 7:10 pm

Oops, our bad. :-o

Looks like we forgot to replace the old forum description when we added a separate forum for trades. Thanks for the heads-up; hope this makes things a bit clearer! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Really stupid question

Postby dominiquefrancon » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:16 pm

I'm a devout, lifelong Cubs fan and baseball devotee who was so inspired by last season's performance that I now want to participate in a fantasy baseball league. Trouble is, I have no idea what to look for in a league and have no friends who do anything but football fantasy. Where would I look for guidance on this?
dominiquefrancon
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Really stupid question

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:21 pm

dominiquefrancon wrote:I'm a devout, lifelong Cubs fan and baseball devotee who was so inspired by last season's performance that I now want to participate in a fantasy baseball league. Trouble is, I have no idea what to look for in a league and have no friends who do anything but football fantasy. Where would I look for guidance on this?

Welcome to the cafe. ;-D Stick around here for a couple of months and you will go into your league way ahead of your group, Knowledge wise..

I promise.

again, welcome.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:22 pm

dominiquefrancon wrote:I'm a devout, lifelong Cubs fan and baseball devotee who was so inspired by last season's performance that I now want to participate in a fantasy baseball league. Trouble is, I have no idea what to look for in a league and have no friends who do anything but football fantasy. Where would I look for guidance on this?

Well let me be the first one to welcome you to the Cafe'! ;-D

Our Fantasy Baseball Talk section is good for learning about all the different types of leages. That's this forum right here. :-)

As to joining a league, if you would like to play with some of the people here, we have a "Classifieds" forum as well. Here's a link to it:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=12

If you have any questions, concerns, opinons, etc. Feel free to post them. Look forward to seeing you around here. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:22 pm

The first place is to start on the boards here...we have alot of good poster and alot of knowlegible fantasy players....check out the classifieds for leagues starting....and don't be hesitant to post or ask questions...we are all here to help.... :-)

Welcome to the Cafe' and glad to have another Cubbie fan here.... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:23 pm

Guess, Wrveres beat me to it. Grrrrr... }:-)

Lol. :-) Nice job Wrveres! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby wrveres » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:23 pm

Madison wrote: Well let me be the first one to welcome you to the Cafe'! ;-D
:-°
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero