Has there been common nuts SS runs in your drafts? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Has there been common nuts SS runs in your drafts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Has there been common nuts SS runs in your drafts?

Postby Stunners » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:14 am

K just drafted first league, was a test league just yahoo public etc..
5x5 roto.

Basically tejada went 3rd overall, jeter gets taken like 3rd pick of 3rd round(clearly dumb but). K within rounds 4 and 5 7 other short stops were taken. So by end of round 5 9 short stops are gone. I just adjusted my strategy grabbed chone figgins in round 6, that way I could take either a 2nd or SS within the later rounds. Ended up with kaz matsui in round 14 which i was happy with. Either way is this a norm or should I be expecting this in every draft. The 9 ss taken before start of 6th round I mean. Will make me value tejada higher basically if so. Also is this braden Inge guy worth catcher? I waited and took him in round 17 curious if he will produce middle of hte pack catcher stats.
Stunners
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WittyC » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:32 am

In both of my drafts, Carlos Guillen and Orlando Cabrera dropped to rounds 9 and 10, respectively. However, every shortstop taken before them were taken in the first six rounds (Tejada, Jeter, Rollins, Furcal, Nomar, Renteria, and Young).

So my drafts weren't quite as crazy as yours, but I think there are significant tiers after Tejada and again after Young (assuming that's the order of the other 6 guys). Then another one between O-Cab/Guillen and Figgins, Matsui, Crosby and Uribe.

They're basically going as a group, like the top tier of closers vs. the bottom tier. If you have faith in O-Cab and Guillen, then hold off. If not, just hope you aren't picking on the wrong end of a run!
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby George_Foreman » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:59 am

check out the prices SS went for in auction keeper III. i had hoped to get kaz for about 10, but he went for $20!! i'm happy with renteria at 24 (whom i got through trade), but only since other guys went for about his price...
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:06 am

I would expect Jeter to go in 3rd or 4th round. Can't argue with a 20/20 SS who hits for a good average and breaks 110 R and still has good RBI.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby asumikey222 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:46 am

I've had 3 ESPN drafts and 2 have had crazy closer runs, with 1 having crazy P runs (though honestly that was mostly b/c of one jackass who drafted Ps the first 7 rounds). In the one Yahoo draft I had (tonight) there were SS and 2B runs though, and tons of great pitchers left (I got Sheets, Oliver Perez, Lidge, and Peavy, and I usually get just one or two of those guys tops) and even closers (though this was mostly due to ignorance, as is common w/ Yahoo drafts), so they were almost opposite for some strange reason. Tomorrow I have my Yahoo Winner's draft though so we'll see what goes down there (though I basically expect wackiness, as usually happens w/ a bunch of people who think they're geniuses). I have to say Yahoo Public basic drafts are the best though, you can get awesome teams so easily. I was even on the Leaderboard with my team last year for the beginning of the season until I stopped managing as much b/c I wanted to pay attention to my actually competitive leagues.
asumikey222
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers