yahoo 12 team draft results, what do ya think? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

yahoo 12 team draft results, what do ya think?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

yahoo 12 team draft results, what do ya think?

Postby kage812004 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:19 am

just finished my 2nd of 4 drafts this year, my team is GOSOX!!, how did i do?? i love my team, the only thing is i messed up and took cordero instead of ol.perez, they were right next to eachother in my Q and i hit cordero, i was pretty mad and still am. any advice and comments would be great, i have 2 more drafts in the next 2 weeks.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... aftresults
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JDD » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:37 am

As a Red Sox fan, you had Manny and Ortiz available, and you PASSED for a guy who plays on a terrible team who could stop running at the first sign of turf toe?

I am assuming this draft snaked... and if so, you took Rollins over Shef and Nomar?

You must be trying to corner the market on steals....

Wright is a nice pick... but not THAT high. 6th Round?

You went after your outfield next... good picks there.

Was Mota a slip of the mouse too? NEVER draft a first-time closer in the top ten rounds... NEVER. Well, Smoltz was a lock when he changed hats, but nobody else.

After JD Drew, your picks look like you were throwing darts.

With Garcia, Radke, Brown, Od. Perez, Colon, Willis and others still on the board, you went back to back with

Bonderman and Webb??

Your best pick was Roberts at 14

Good luck with this team... and better luck with your next two drafts...
--JDD
JDD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kage812004 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:57 am

wow, anyone else?? i thought i did well, i made up for my lack of power with my outfield picks in the mid rounds and i thought where i got drew and rowand was great!! mota will be fine, the closers where flying off the board so i grabbed him, i have his back up on my watch list.
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:08 am

kage812004 wrote:wow, anyone else?? i thought i did well, i made up for my lack of power with my outfield picks in the mid rounds and i thought where i got drew and rowand was great!! mota will be fine, the closers where flying off the board so i grabbed him, i have his back up on my watch list.

no - you overpaid for Rowand by a good 2-3 rounds. Rowand over Garret Anderson - you want to reconsider that in your next draft.

Rollins was taken too high - ahead of Sheff? Sheff in the 4th was a mistake - he should never fall that far in a draft - he's a borderline 1st rd pick. Mid 2nd at the latest.

Wright was taken too early - but the bottom does drop out after him, so I understand the panic.

It is a damn shame you didnt land Perez - that would challenge for steal of the draft.

I love CLee in the 8th - good pick.

I dont have Mota over Looper.

Webb was a poor pick considering the available SPs. You gotta have Colon ranked higher.

I like the Otsuka and Mike Gonzalez picks ;-D

I think you did ok overall but you have obvious favorites that you are jumping for.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Baseball Leftovers