I'm on the clock...Carlos Lee or J.D Drew - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I'm on the clock...Carlos Lee or J.D Drew

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:46 pm

Maybe its like Vince Carter, where he was always faking injuries in Toronto, and then he gets traded and he never gets hurt. Maybe he'll play that way for the Dodgers. Guess he may have just hated being on the Cardinals?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:04 am

HOOTIE wrote:
RynMan wrote:
stumpak wrote:I just read through this to see if anyone would be crazy enough to suggest Drew. Apparantly not.

Haha, same here. :-D

I wonder if the owner who had Drew last year was crazy? Drew earned $30 to Lee's $27. Drew had a oba of 436 to Lees 366, 70 points higher. Drew out slugged Lee 569 to 525. Drews career ops is a rather very nice 904. He has a great eye at the plate, with power. Lee leaves the 3rd best offense (865 runs), for the 2nd worst one(631 runs). Think his runs/rbis won't take a hit? Drew played in fewer games, and still had more runs/rbis in a lesser offense. Lee might have the better year, but i honestly don't see anything close to the slamdunk some are suggesting. For their careers, Drew has Lee beat easily in ops.

RICO, why exactly with Drew be horrible this year?

Hootie, what they did last year isn't the point. The point is that 2004 was out of line for Drew - he stayed healthy for close to a full season. You would be crazy to ignore the fact that he has been healthy for 1 out of 6 seasons! How can you defend a guy that has not proven that he can have 500+ at bats in two consecutive seasons? Lee has played in 140+ games for the last 5 years and put up very steady numbers each year. And to answer your question, yes, the owner who had Drew last year was crazy - just having him on their roster to start with. And if you ask me, if you have him this year on your team, you probably will overpay, and I think you're crazy.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers