Rich Harden - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rich Harden

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rich Harden

Postby RedSoxdominate » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:13 pm

What does everyone think his numbers are going to be this year? Is he upper-tier yet?
RedSoxdominate
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rich Harden

Postby RynMan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:20 pm

RedSoxdominate wrote:What does everyone think his numbers are going to be this year? Is he upper-tier yet?

He will be very good this year. ERA around 3.20 Id say. Probably 190 K in as many innings. 13-15 Wins. Id take him as a strong number 2 pitcher on my staff.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:35 pm

Im saying 15 W's, 3.78 ERA , 194 K's, 1.17 WHIP...good number 2
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby fantasyfiend » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:01 pm

Control issues still linger.

Im not nearly as high on Harden as some are.

I see a k/9 of about 8.0
200+ innings
an ERA between 3.75 and 4.25
and a whip in the 1.20's

wins are much to volatile to make an accurate projection. for the sake of the team im hoping "he can win" 15+

Mulder won 17 last year with an era in the mid 4's.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby cordscords » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:08 pm

3.35 era, 1.25 whip, 15 wins, 180 k's

he's getting to the upper tier ;-D
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby mtarail » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:12 pm

I think he'll be real good in real life, but not "upper tier" in fantasy terms.

I think he's gonna have intermittent battles with control, and as a result he won't improve his WHIP enough to be considered upper tier.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:16 pm

fantasyfiend wrote:Control issues still linger.

Im not nearly as high on Harden as some are.

I see a k/9 of about 8.0
200+ innings
an ERA between 3.75 and 4.25
and a whip in the 1.20's

wins are much to volatile to make an accurate projection. for the sake of the team im hoping "he can win" 15+

Mulder won 17 last year with an era in the mid 4's.

Do you see him throwing over 200 innings with the great pen they have now? I would think that they would nurture him a little with such a young live arm, particularly when you have guys like Cruz and Duscherer in there that can throw alot of innings in relief. Just curious what your thoughts are....

As for Mulder, he won 12 of those 17 games before the all star break when he had an ERA of 3.21. He only got the other 5 after the break with an ERA of 6.13.

I believe alot of people are going to undervalue Wins for A's pitchers this year - as they are undervaluing the team as a whole.

The two things that are important in helping a pitcher obtain a win in Oakland have been upgraded. The bullpen (which blew countless numbers of games for starters in 04) is now stacked. Along with that they have added a strong bats in Ginter and Kendall, and replaced Dye with Swisher. Along with a healthy season of Eric Chavez. I will say it now and you can come back and hose me later if I get it wrong, Harden will get at least 15 wins this season if he throws 190+ innings.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Halo » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:45 pm

Do you see him throwing over 200 innings with the great pen they have now? I would think that they would nurture him a little with such a young live arm, particularly when you have guys like Cruz and Duscherer in there that can throw alot of innings in relief. Just curious what your thoughts are....

I wish I knew how to grab just a part of a quote. I'm still new at this, I'll learn.

As for Harden reaching 200, I definitely think he will. The A's have a tendancy not to hold back young arms, so I would be surprised if they tried to nurture Harden. Plus, he pitched almost 190 innings last year. Look at each of the Big 3 in their respective first two full seasons:

Hudson - 202/235
Zito - 214/229
Mulder - 229/207

Obviously that was under a different Manager, but Macha hasn't shown any signs of letting up on his starters. Assuming he's durable enough, he'll go 200, and I think he's a stud in the making.

Now if I could just get someone to tell me how to grab part of a quote...
10/27/02 - Answered Prayers
Halo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Rich Harden

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:53 pm

RynMan wrote:
RedSoxdominate wrote:What does everyone think his numbers are going to be this year? Is he upper-tier yet?

He will be very good this year. ERA around 3.20 Id say. Probably 190 K in as many innings. 13-15 Wins. Id take him as a strong number 2 pitcher on my staff.

There is a chance that he may regress a bit. I believe he will take step up but not enough to move into the upper tier until he can straighten out his control prblems.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RynMan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:59 pm

Halo wrote:Do you see him throwing over 200 innings with the great pen they have now? I would think that they would nurture him a little with such a young live arm, particularly when you have guys like Cruz and Duscherer in there that can throw alot of innings in relief. Just curious what your thoughts are....

I wish I knew how to grab just a part of a quote. I'm still new at this, I'll learn.

As for Harden reaching 200, I definitely think he will. The A's have a tendancy not to hold back young arms, so I would be surprised if they tried to nurture Harden. Plus, he pitched almost 190 innings last year. Look at each of the Big 3 in their respective first two full seasons:

Hudson - 202/235
Zito - 214/229
Mulder - 229/207

Obviously that was under a different Manager, but Macha hasn't shown any signs of letting up on his starters. Assuming he's durable enough, he'll go 200, and I think he's a stud in the making.

Now if I could just get someone to tell me how to grab part of a quote...

To quote, jus click on the quote button in the top right corner of each message. You have to click on the one you want to quote.

I would be curious to know what Oakland's bullpen ERA and blown saves stats were during the years for Zito, mulder, and hudson. Because I tend to think Harden only threw deep into games last year because the bullpen was useless.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers