DROP MATT MORRIS... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

DROP MATT MORRIS...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DROP MATT MORRIS...

Postby Yankee4eva516 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:35 pm

It's been announced that Morris will be out until June/July

So unless you want him taking up roster space, you need to somehow trade him or drop him on release waivers.

Get 'rid of him![/list]
Yankee4eva516
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:38 pm

Whats your source :-?

Theres nothing on rototimes or rotowire
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cordscords » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:40 pm

Feb 22- Evidently Morris is well ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation from offseason rotator cuff surgery, and there is now a chance he will be able to return in mid-April, rather than the earlier estimate of June. According to pitching coach Dave Duncan, Morris has been throwing without pain for two weeks.

Last that I heard on Morris.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Madison » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:51 pm

From Rotoworld yesterday:

Latest News Feb. 23, 2005 - 3:16 am et

Matt Morris (shoulder surgery) had another successful side session yesterday, but the Cardinals will hold him back while the rest of their pitchers face hitters.
''The one thing I'm sure has been driven home to Matt several times: There's a healing process involved,'' GM Walt Jocketty said. ''He may feel fine. But physically, you have to let nature take its course. He's going to have to understand the doctors and coaches know what his time frame should be and adhere to that.'' That time frame may include Morris beginning the year on the DL even if he has no setbacks.

I don't see anything. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:00 pm

i keep fairly up to date with the cards and the last i have heard is that he is ahead of schedule although the doctors want to be conservative with him. unfortunately i am not sure the surgery will restore him to his old self. while he says he feels great and has slimmed down some, duncan wasnt so sure his velocity would return. he might still be effective throwing 90-92 but if he tops out at 88 things will probably be ugly much like last year.

At his best on the mound, Morris has been an intimidator. It will take some time before he can become that again, if ever. But the first steps have been taken, and Duncan is sure Morris is on a clear path.

"This could all be shot in the arm by Paletta saying, 'Hey, you're going too fast. Back off,'" said Duncan. "But he's had no problems, no setbacks."

When Morris does return, though, Duncan said fans should soften their expectations.

"I hope people don't expect him to come back throwing 94, 95 miles an hour," Duncan said. "I don't think that's going to happen."
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:05 pm

It has been thought all off-season that he would be out until May. Some estimates put him at June. But he has shown up and ST looking good and by all accounts is ahead of schedule.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)

Postby Jivedude » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:11 pm

RotoWire 2/19/05 wrote:Pitching coach Dave Duncan stated that he saw no reason why Morris could not be ready to return to action by the middle of April. Morris is recovering from offseason shoulder surgery, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. It was originally thought that Morris would be out until June. "But, based on what I've seen so far, I think he's further along than they anticipated," Duncan said. "He's been throwing now for a good two weeks and throwing without any pain. He feels great. I'm looking for him pitching in spring training for sure." Ultimately, Dr. George Paletta, head of the Cardinals' medical staff, will most likley have the final say in determining when Morris is ready to return, but this is promising news for the Redbirds.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers