Johnny Damon... 5 catagorie guy?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Johnny Damon... 5 catagorie guy??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Johnny Damon... 5 catagorie guy??

Postby jkpigskin » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:58 pm

ive seen many rankings of players and one guy that i think has been overlooked is johnny damon.. his stat line of last year and throughout his career have been solid.. he has the potential to have 100 rbi and 100 runs.. and also be a 20/20 guy..

wat do u guys think about him??
jkpigskin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stumpak » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:07 pm

I think he is chronically underrated--at least in the past, although this make change due to his 2004 post-season noterity.

I do not expect his BA to be quite as high as last years, but he will rack up the Rs in that line-up and actually have a superb ammount of RBI opportunities as well for a lead-off guy considering that Sox have a strong bottom half of the batting order. And as you mentioned, while he is not a lock for 20/20, that's a possibility, and he is a near lock for 15/20. I actually just traded for him a few weeks ago.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kage812004 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:10 pm

he is very underrated, hes solid all around
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:21 pm

I don't expect him to match last year's numbers.

115 R, 15 HR, 80 RBI, 20 SB, .290 BA
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby kev921 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:31 pm

He's good, but I don't know if you could call him consistent. Plus I wouldn't call him a 5 tool player anymore (just a very good 4 stat guy)

Last year his SB's dropped from 30 to 19. Boston doesn't need to run, this plus hes 31, I don't see his chances of stealing 30 again are very good.
kev921
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:49 pm

ive seen many rankings of players and one guy that i think has been overlooked is johnny damon.. his stat line of last year and throughout his career have been solid.. he has the potential to have 100 rbi and 100 runs.. and also be a 20/20 guy..

-There is little chance he will get 100 RBI's last years 80 coming out of the lead off position was amazing.
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:56 pm

He improved everything (and by a lot) except for his SB last year.

Top 25 OF but I'm a little worried about him keeping up his numbers from last year when they seem to be out of the norm for him.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby rlee » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:23 pm

I think he's a top 20 outfielder, but fall into the camp that thinks his steals will wind up in the 15-20 range.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tavish » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:56 pm

It is almost impossible to expect more than 75 RBI out of a leadoff, no matter what lineup they play in. Damon used to be a great value pick, but after last season he will go way higher than where he should.

.285/.365/.460 15 HR 115 R 68 RBI 20 SB
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Re: Johnny Damon... 5 catagorie guy??

Postby xeifrank » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:04 pm

jkpigskin wrote:ive seen many rankings of players and one guy that i think has been overlooked is johnny damon.. his stat line of last year and throughout his career have been solid.. he has the potential to have 100 rbi and 100 runs.. and also be a 20/20 guy..

I don't see any way Damon drives in 100 runs, especially at the top of the lineup. There just aren't enough RBIs to go around to get Damon 100+ Rbis. I project him for 79 RBIs, 16HRs, 24SBs, 115Runs and a .2901 batting average. Hardly a five tool player, but definitely a solid player with no holes in any of the 5 cats. Being an OFer doesn't help his fantasy ranking. I have him ranked as the 17th best OFer in a standard default Yahoo 3-OFer league. Sandwiched between Matsui and P.Wilson.

vr

Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers