Help with yahoo scoring stat - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Help with yahoo scoring stat

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help with yahoo scoring stat

Postby PresHabib » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:37 pm

We're doing a 6 on 6 10 team yahoo roto keeper league and we can't decide on a 6th pitching category. I don't want to do complete games cuz basically each fantasy staff will have within 3 of each other and the winner of the category is basically on luck...but thats me...we have W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP.

Our other options are:
appearances, starts, innings pitched, wins, losses, CG, SHO, SV, OUTS, hits against, total batters faced, runs, earned runs, earned runs, home runs, BB, IBB, HBP, K, wild pitches, balks, SBallowed, GIDP, save chances, holds (probly my vote) total bases allowed, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9

not a lot of good options...would appreciate help and a reason why you vote for the category you vote for...thanks!
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tms298 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:58 pm

Holds would be my first choice. If you don't feel like getting involved with ranking middle relievers and setup men, you could go with total bases allowed or even losses. The rest seem quite redundant looking at what you already use.
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby PresHabib » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:09 am

holds is my first choice as well. I don't particularly care for the category, but at least it gives us something besides complete games. We don't like losses because pitchers lose games 1-0 which is stupid, like Randy Johnson last year.

TBallowed is a choice we like too. My feeling is that pitcher A can go 7 innings, give up 5 hits, but 3 of them are homers, and thats 15 total bases, and pitcher B can go 7 innings 5 hits, but 5 singles, and thats 10 fewer TBallowed. Its kind of an extra reward for the guys who are not getting hit all over the ball park. Oh well.

Any more thoughts?
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers