Carlos Zambrano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carlos Zambrano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RugbyD » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:02 am

for this year I have:

ERA+WHIP+K=#10

add W=#7

he lands between prior and wood and well ahead of maddux on both measures
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Postby Copperheads » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:20 am

Keeper league he might be a top 10, however this year I see him being a top 20 w/ close to 200 K's and 17 or so wins. WHIP of 1.23
Copperheads
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 277
Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby jeff926 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:30 am

is zambrano better than clemens this year?
you heard it here...
Seattle Mariners 2007 World Series Champs!
Felix Hernandez = 35 wins, 400K!
i can dream...
jeff926
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 670
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on the mound

Postby Mugwump » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:50 am

I think that is a close one. The lack of bats in Houston concerns me, but so does the Cubbie's bullpen. I'd like to think that Z will mature after last season's performance and take it up another notch, while Rocket b/c of age makes a small drop. Maybe slight edge on Zambrano?!
Mugwump
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 582
Joined: 1 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the mound, pitching a no hitter, hallucinating.

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:01 pm

Mugwump wrote:I think that is a close one. The lack of bats in Houston concerns me, but so does the Cubbie's bullpen. I'd like to think that Z will mature after last season's performance and take it up another notch, while Rocket b/c of age makes a small drop. Maybe slight edge on Zambrano?!


Yeah I got Clemens and Zambrano in the top 10 SP. I would probably lean towards Zambrano tho.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby JGreer » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:28 pm

Cleveland Steamers wrote:JGreer, that is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. Im a huge cubs fan and a die hard fantasy baseball participant. How can you say that Zambrano (my favorite player), is the ace? First, that is ridiculous. Second, Maddux is the number two? That is even more ridiculous than the first statement you made. I know maddux wins 15+ a year, and is a great pitcher, but #2 on the Cubs staff? What are you watching? Wood has not won more than 14 in a season but has sone nasty stuff. As a Cubs fan, Wood has never gotten run support. How you could actually say that Prior AND Wood are behind Maddux and Zambrano is beyond me. I feel like Zambrano is successful because he isnt expected to carry the load (and he is amazing). If you move him up to #1 or #2, he may fail due to pressing. Its clearly: #1 Prior; #2; Wood; #3 Zambrano, #4 Maddux; #5 (Rusch, Mitre, etc.). That is the most obvious rotation. As a Zambrano fan, he shows alot of emotion and may not be ready to carry the load of being in the top 2 of the staff. I think he will be a Cy winner in the future, but not quite yet.


So what you are saying is that "nasty stuff" makes you a better pitcher? "Nasty stuff" makes you deserve a rotation spot over a future hall of famer? I think not. Maddux has won 15 games or more for 17 straight years. Wood has never won 15 games. Maddux has a career ERA of 2.94. Wood's is 3.63. Maddux walks a guy every 4.8 innings. Wood walks a guy every 2 innings. Tell me, why should Wood be ahead of him in the rotation?
JGreer
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 116
Joined: 2 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby atlbraves11 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:34 pm

it doesnt matter what you have done in the past its what u are able to do now
atlbraves11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 513
Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:36 pm

JGreer wrote:So what you are saying is that "nasty stuff" makes you a better pitcher? "Nasty stuff" makes you deserve a rotation spot over a future hall of famer? I think not. Maddux has won 15 games or more for 17 straight years. Wood has never won 15 games. Maddux has a career ERA of 2.94. Wood's is 3.63. Maddux walks a guy every 4.8 innings. Wood walks a guy every 2 innings. Tell me, why should Wood be ahead of him in the rotation?


by this logic, Sosa should not have been moved out of the cleanup spot last year. Brilliant!
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Postby JGreer » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:58 pm

RugbyD wrote:
JGreer wrote:So what you are saying is that "nasty stuff" makes you a better pitcher? "Nasty stuff" makes you deserve a rotation spot over a future hall of famer? I think not. Maddux has won 15 games or more for 17 straight years. Wood has never won 15 games. Maddux has a career ERA of 2.94. Wood's is 3.63. Maddux walks a guy every 4.8 innings. Wood walks a guy every 2 innings. Tell me, why should Wood be ahead of him in the rotation?


by this logic, Sosa should not have been moved out of the cleanup spot last year. Brilliant!


No, actually, different logic. Sosa was struggling last year. Maddux had another great year. Wood was broken again.
JGreer
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 116
Joined: 2 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:25 pm

JGreer wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
JGreer wrote:So what you are saying is that "nasty stuff" makes you a better pitcher? "Nasty stuff" makes you deserve a rotation spot over a future hall of famer? I think not. Maddux has won 15 games or more for 17 straight years. Wood has never won 15 games. Maddux has a career ERA of 2.94. Wood's is 3.63. Maddux walks a guy every 4.8 innings. Wood walks a guy every 2 innings. Tell me, why should Wood be ahead of him in the rotation?


by this logic, Sosa should not have been moved out of the cleanup spot last year. Brilliant!


No, actually, different logic. Sosa was struggling last year. Maddux had another great year. Wood was broken again.


Just as Maddux is not a 2.94-200 player, Sammy is not a 290-50 player. Diminished skills are relevant and justify placing lower in the order/rotation.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 30
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(1:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
(4:05 pm)
Minnesota at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Texas at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Detroit at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Chi Cubs at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Oakland at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
Milwaukee at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)
Washington at Seattle
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact