Cafe Awards - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

Cafe Awards

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

Cafe Awards

Postby Arlo » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:14 pm

As always, we welcome your comments on the latest article. Time for the Soriano, A-Rod, Schilling and Pedro owners to stand up for their guys!
Last edited by Arlo on Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Can we have a recount?

Postby mcfbc » Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:12 pm

With no offense to the greatness of Guerrero, Soriano, Johnson and Schilling, I have to throw my vote behind A-Rod. Behind the numbers (which were spectactular for all these players) comes the reality of the positions they play. At a position that is void of quality and depth, what A-Rod is doing is unheard of in the history of baseball (real or fantasy). A-Rod is the best player in the game (both real and fantasy) and will remain so for years to come. Having said all that, I would take any of the aformentioned players in a heartbeat. Guerrero, Soriano, A-Rod. So young. Lord only knows what their numbers will look like ten years from now. Peace. Go Rangers (2010 World Series Champs)!!!
mcfbc
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Arlo » Sun Dec 15, 2002 6:59 pm

Agreed - if we had factored in positional scarcity, A-Rod and Soriano would both have been ahead of Vlad. We went by total stats, but with A-Rod's stats from the ss position, you could easily make the call in his favor.

Tough year to choose, as there was nobody who was head and shoulders above the rest...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Article Discussions