My first time in a 5x5 Roto: help me out. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My first time in a 5x5 Roto: help me out.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My first time in a 5x5 Roto: help me out.

Postby red » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:13 pm

Hey guys,
First time in a 5x5 roto; it's a yahoo winners league (won in H2H last year) but I know this will be different. I've already made some waiver wire moves (Brian Roberts went undrafted, believe it or not) and would like your input. Would really like to be competitive in this thing this year. There's a guy who's already talking trash on the message board (make your offers suckers! Nice!) Would really like to not lose to that guy if anybody!
If you've left a post in this forum that I haven't responded to please make sure to leave a title or a link.
Thanks all.

C Inge
1B Huff
2B Reyes
3b A Rod
SS M Young
OF Sheffield
OF Damon
OF Giles
Util B. Roberts

BN Carlos Lee
BN A. Rios

SP Pedro
SP Greinke
CP Wickman
CP Adams
P Eaton
P Bonderman
P Padilla

BN Lieber, V. Zambrano, Dempster
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:17 pm

Your SP could be bust or boom. There is alot of potential but I would feel better adding another quality SP. Maybe try and trade 2 pitchers for one. You can't start that many in roto without running out of innings anyway. Wickman and Adams are shaky at best. The offense looks good. I would bench but don't drop Roberts and put C. Lee in at UTIL.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KrustyCrabs » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:58 pm

I agree that you need another closer. It's good in this type of league to have 3 relievers that you can just leave in there. It's better than shuffling in your 5th or 6th starters. You could probably package an outfielder for something. I'm also not a big fan of either Lieber or Zambrano - there should be some pitchers still laying around on the garbage heap.

Other than that the hitting looks solid and I hope Bonderman and Eaton come through since I have them also. Eaton is borderline, but I think Bonderman should post good numbers, considering where he is getting drafted - though he will still be a little inconsistent given his age.
KrustyCrabs
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Hockey

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team