iPods.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

iPods....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:27 pm

Rirruto wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Rirruto wrote:I got my new 20GB iPod absolutely free from http://www.freeipods.com and I love it. I was very skeptical but I did my research and now all my friends are trying to do it too.

My friend got the same 1 (the white 1) and it's pretty cool. The wireless FM mod has great range, too. The only drawback that I saw is that it didn't seem to crank when connected to a stereo. The volume was much lower than XM, CD's, or regular FM. I tried tons of different settings. :-°

Did you make sure to put the iPod at highest volume? I hook up my iPod to my car stereo (via cassette adapter), computer speakers, and home stereo all the time and I haven't had a volume problem.

Do you get similar volume to other sources?? If I cranked up the iPod, it was distorted. It's usually not a good idea to crank up the volume on an external source. Whenever possible, you should try to use the volume from the stereo.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:31 pm

I just put my iPod to the highest volume and then change the volume accordingly to whatever stereo I hook it up to. I'm blasting it right now on my Altec Lansing ATP3s and it sounds great.

On another note, I'd really like to get the remote so I dont have keep pulling my iPod out to change songs and stuff. Seems very practical.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:34 pm

Rirruto wrote:I just put my iPod to the highest volume and then change the volume accordingly to whatever stereo I hook it up to. I'm blasting it right now on my Altec Lansing ATP3s and it sounds great.

On another note, I'd really like to get the remote so I dont have keep pulling my iPod out to change songs and stuff. Seems very practical.

I am gonna try it on a set of good computer speakers. I reiterate to be careful. Try to use the volume on the stereo rather than the iPod whenever possible. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Rirruto » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:37 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Rirruto wrote:I just put my iPod to the highest volume and then change the volume accordingly to whatever stereo I hook it up to. I'm blasting it right now on my Altec Lansing ATP3s and it sounds great.

I am gonna try it on a set of good computer speakers. I reiterate to be careful. Try to use the volume on the stereo rather than the iPod whenever possible. :-?

When I need to change the volume, I use the stereo speakers, but I leave my iPod at the highest level first.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:41 pm

Rirruto wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

When I need to change the volume, I use the stereo speakers, but I leave my iPod at the highest level first.

If it works, that's cool. To be safe, I would set the iPod volume at 50% and then crank up the stereo volume. If necessary, then increase the iPod volume again. This is the safest way.
Lofunzo

Previous

Return to General Talk