Question for online poker players. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Question for online poker players.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kentx12 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:35 pm

I use pokerstars. It is the only one I have tried so I cant really compare it to any others but it is great.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Baseballer02 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:46 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:I play at Bodog...their poker rooms are not as good as some of the others mentioned...but I do a lot of sports betting and I do like their betting system....they do payout pretty quick too...usually deposited in your account in less than 36 hours... :-)

I've heard that the games on Bodog have gotten very tight as of late. What would you say the avg. % seeing the flop is at the low limit tables(.50/1; 1/2)? Would you say the players are very tough or very fishy? I ask because in the next month or so I may sign up for their bottomless sign-up bonus.
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:02 pm

I am really getting sick of the free games. :-[ Last night, for the first time in a while, I played on PokerStars. For some time, there were 5 of us who I felt were good players. Almost seemed like just a normal game. Then, in came the idiots that need to go all-in pre-flop on every hand just because it's play money. I hate that stuff.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:47 pm

Baseballer02 wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:I play at Bodog...their poker rooms are not as good as some of the others mentioned...but I do a lot of sports betting and I do like their betting system....they do payout pretty quick too...usually deposited in your account in less than 36 hours... :-)

I've heard that the games on Bodog have gotten very tight as of late. What would you say the avg. % seeing the flop is at the low limit tables(.50/1; 1/2)? Would you say the players are very tough or very fishy? I ask because in the next month or so I may sign up for their bottomless sign-up bonus.

On the low end tables you'll get somewhere around 75-80% seeing the flop and the turn will start weeding them out....on the high end tables ($15/30 and up) it will drop down to less than 25%....As far as the players...on the low end there are quite a few newbies...but no more than expected...on the mid and high end tables there are a lot of very good players that you have to watch out for...and you really have to watch your game...I consider myself a better than average player, but not a great player...I have played for many years in some form or another...but I have had my a$$ nailed to the wall a couple of times on the high end tables...but I wouldn't go as far as saying there is a lot of sharks in the pool... :-)

Also the do have quite a few WPT and WSOP qualifiers....and there is almost always a S&G to play.... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Baseballer02 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:11 pm

Heads-up for the folks that play at Party. Cash out what you can and try to get your Neteller account or whatever means of depositing into Party you use up to $1000. 20%, $200 max reload bonus coming up on the 25th.

[url]
http://www.partypoker.com/offers/deposi ... feb-05.htm [/url]
Baseballer02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:39 pm

Yes, Mad is right, it is pokersourceonline.com...sorry for the bad info. I learned about it from Madison, anyway, so he's the one to go to if you have any questions. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby bleach168 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:41 pm

Registered at pokersourceonline.com. Put in "madison" as my referer. :-)

Thanks again for the replies.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:34 pm

bleach168 wrote:Registered at pokersourceonline.com. Put in "madison" as my referer. :-)

Thanks again for the replies.

Cool ;-D . Just follow the steps to get the free stuff. Any questions, just ask. :-) ;-D

The reload code Baseballer gave on the last page is part of why I still play at Partypoker. :-) You basically get paid to play when doing a reload. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:15 pm

I play at Pokerroom.com....the game is much better than Party Poker and those are the only two I have played at.....Pokerroom.com allows you to play without a download as well.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:21 pm

anyone ever heard of jetset.com or jetsetpoker.com forgot exactly what its actually called, well anyway that place is underrated, if you ever wanna play freerolls thats definitely the place to do it
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk