Vlad
48%
A-Rod
33%

Total votes : 46

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:54 pm

mikemcj55 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
mikemcj55 wrote:I forgot to mention, its a 6X6 keeper league, standard hitting cats + OPS and standard pitching cats + Total Bases Allowed
Does that OPS category change anything? Should it bring Helton into the mix as well?

Thanks

not Helton - but Bonds should be taken ahead of anyone in OPS leagues.

Even in the first year of a keeper league??

it depends on the rules of your keeper league. Most of them have some kind of rule where keeping your first rd pick isnt the best strategy, and if thats the case it shouldnt affect who you take in the 1st rd because he will be reentered into the pol next yr. Understand?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikemcj55 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:20 pm

I do understand now. That's a good point, and I'll need to keep that in mind as our league figures keeper systems out. so two questions Cornbread:

1) Assuming that keeping the first rounder is the best strategy, would you still stay with Bonds in the keeper?
2) As our league is already embroiled in some turmoil over basic legaue settings like categories, I'm afraid to present any keeper systems unless they're pretty well-developed. Do you know a good system for keepers?
mikemcj55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prodpaul » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:43 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Vlad. ;-D
No doubt in my mind.

That's who I would take. ;-D

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:13 am

mikemcj55 wrote:I do understand now. That's a good point, and I'll need to keep that in mind as our league figures keeper systems out. so two questions Cornbread:

1) Assuming that keeping the first rounder is the best strategy, would you still stay with Bonds in the keeper?
2) As our league is already embroiled in some turmoil over basic legaue settings like categories, I'm afraid to present any keeper systems unless they're pretty well-developed. Do you know a good system for keepers?

If keeping a 1st rd pick isnt an issue, then yes I would change my mind - you would have to use that pick for the stud you want for the next 3 years.

The best snake draft rule for keepers I know is that the rd your keeper was originally picked is forfeited as long as you are keeping that player. So - If you chose Bonds in the first this yr and decide to keep him after the season, in 2006 you wont have a first rd pick.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jbird669 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:32 pm

I'd take A-Rod first, 1) Pujols is a keeper already in our league, 2) he has problems with his foot that is going to limit his games, according to sportsline.com, 3) 2 Words: POSITION SCARCITY. 3B is nowhere near as deep as OF
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby kmorton2 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:03 pm

Cornbread - not only do I love the name and the man hisself, but you have sage advice.

If Bonds is not oyur choice b/c of his age, then I think you have no choice but to take A-Rod. Just look at his Texas numbers and his Yankee numbers and his position and he's got to be ahead of Vlad et al.

And I'm a Red Sox fan.
www.thefantasydraft.com

We put you there!
kmorton2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers