Downgrade Jose Guillen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Downgrade Jose Guillen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Downgrade Jose Guillen

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:32 pm

SBS Sportsline wrote:Among the arrivals Monday at Nationals camp was outfielder Jose Guillen, acquired in a trade with the Angels. Guillen took a course in anger management during the offseason after a temper tantrum in the dugout that drew an eight-game suspension at the end of last season. "All that stuff that was going on is behind me," Guillen told the AP on Monday. "I don't even want to talk about it. It's a new team."

If he's not playin with the anger, he's not playin on my team ;-)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:34 pm

interesting i have downgraded him due to his temper problems and mookie has downgraded him due to his kicking of the bucket of his temper problems..... :-D :-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:43 pm

I love how when a white guy plays with intensity or anger (a la Curt Schilling) its a plus, and when a hispanic guy (Pedro or Carlos Zambrano) has the Latin Heat, its a negative. Its the same thing? Though I'm worried he won't hate the ball as much. But maybe they taught him to take out his hate on the ball and not his teammates? :-b
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:48 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:I love how when a white guy plays with intensity or anger (a la Curt Schilling) its a plus, and when a hispanic guy (Pedro or Carlos Zambrano) has the Latin Heat, its a negative. Its the same thing?

This is not even close to being the same thing. Guillen did not receive an 8-game suspension for playing with intensity. When you act like a jackass you are a jackass whether you are white, black, hispanic, whatever. Just my $.02.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:53 pm

The guy has been around .300-30-100 for 2 seasons in a row.

Why mess with it?

Just stay out of his way and let him play. My $0.02
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:55 pm

Nah, I know Guillen is an ahole. I was just going on a baseball stereotype rant. :-D I'm not saying it's good or bad for Guillen. As I have him as a 3rd OF in a league, I hope this is a good thing! :-o
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:55 pm

I wouldn't sweat it, Mook. Anger management classes don't work. }:-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:09 pm

Last season was not the first time Gullien got upset at his team, or team management or what ever it was ....

and it certainly won't be the last.

Anger management classes only work if you are willing to admit you have a problem. Going because you were told to, rarely works.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby mrmarley » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:57 pm

wrveres wrote:Anger management classes only work if you are willing to admit you have a problem. Going because you were told to, rarely works.

Ya know, this statement really just pisses me off. I've been to a few classes, and they've worked just fine, ok?! !+)
mrmarley
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers