Baseball Prospectus Top 50 Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baseball Prospectus Top 50 Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:44 am

mcqfesijiba wrote: How reputable is Baseball Prospectus normally? I've heard about them often in the past, but never really checked them out.

Maybe the most respected bb info place around. There are gms who take BP very seriously.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby quietstorm » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:46 am

HOOTIE wrote:
mcqfesijiba wrote: How reputable is Baseball Prospectus normally? I've heard about them often in the past, but never really checked them out.

Maybe the most respected bb info place around. There are gms who take BP very seriously.

Namely, God... err... Billy Beane.
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:18 am

The thing is they should take more into account besides stats IMO. It really should be more balanced to me. Also it's funny how everyone talks about Weeks last year and never says he was hurt during, though it was talked about and if you know about prospects...you should defiantly know about it. Oh yeah and that one thing is humorous "and Barfield actually iis 3 months younger". I mean give me a break, how are they going to say 3 months is any type of advantage that should be noted.

That being said they are still a good source to read about prospects, but you shouldn't take any resource on prospects for the gospel truth.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Skippyoz » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:22 pm

quietstorm wrote:Well, actually, what my sig doesn't note is that I didn't draft either Martinez or Beltre. They went undrafted in my league, somehow. I picked both up within the first weeks of the season.

I still think it's stupidity; I take a lot of risks, usually. VMart was my replacement for Mauer when he went down.

This year, I'm thinking Jeremy Reed is a breakout; but I live in a town just north of Seattle, so I never draft Mariners.

In my league, both Beltre and V-Mart were picked up by someone in last place a few weeks into the season. Now they are 2 of his 8 keepers. One of the reasons why you can't fall in love with your last few picks, in case if you have to drop them real quick to pick up someone who looks like they will emerge into a star.
Skippyoz
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers