I need help deciding on a site to play at. advice wanted! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I need help deciding on a site to play at. advice wanted!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I need help deciding on a site to play at. advice wanted!

Postby Phatferd » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:43 pm

A friend and I are interested in playing in a cheap pay league this year. We were going to sign up at Cbssportsline.com, however, we found out they only allow lineup changes once a week. We feel this is a deal breaker its just something we have never enjoyed. For me personally I have been in a league like that once and don't really care for it. I feel like I am not involved as much as I would like. Anyway, is there a site that would cost around 25-35 bucks to join and accomadate my needs?

Thanks.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:49 pm

CBS Sportline is probably the best, Yahoo ain't that bad either.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby tpsfs.com » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:30 pm

If you or your friend wants to be the commish for the league, our site might be just for you! tpsfs.com
You can chose what day or up to gametime when you want to do linup changes.
Plus, our leagues will be covered on our fantasy baseball radio show starting in April. And we've added a new flash chatroom!

And if you enter "springball" when you pay, you get an additional $20 off the league.
Fantasy Baseball and Football Leagues!
TPSFS.com leagues also highlighted on web sports talk radio station TPSRadio!
http://www.tpsfs.com
tpsfs.com
T-Ball Trainer

Postby mcmahojl » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:45 pm

Yahoo! Because it is all I've ever known. Never had a problem. I can do whatever, whenever.
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Phatferd » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:39 pm

Thanks, but CBS doesn't offer what we are looking for like I had stated. I need something that allows daily moves. Also, yahoo is free and their PLUS doesn't give the winner money. We want to be paid if we win....

I wouldnt totally be against the idea of being a commish, but I don't think I could get 10 guys to join a league. If I am commish would people be able to join my league or would I need to fill it myself.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tpsfs » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:44 am

On being a commish...

You could make up an 8 team league and send out invites to your friends, or post on a message board, all you need is their email address to send the invite. They would then set up their teams (logos, info, etc.)
Fantasy Baseball and Football Leagues!
TPSFS.com leagues also highlighted on web sports talk radio station TPSRadio!
http://www.tpsfs.com
tpsfs
T-Ball Trainer

Postby nikku88 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:49 am

You can always just do free yahoo, have all teams throw money into a pot and pay out to the winners. That way you don't lose commision.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:06 am

CBS allows daily moves. It does not allow daily lineups...there is a difference and it is designed to cut out the streamers in H2h and points leagues and emphasize long term in Roto. It works well IMO. Their product is outstanding.

If daily transaction churning is what rocks your boat though, then a private Yahoo league would be a way to go.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers