yahoo fantasy draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

yahoo fantasy draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nikku88 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:47 am

Why stop there, snatch up Beltran in round 10. :-D
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

yahoo fantasy draft

Postby cubsin'05 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:03 pm

listen, no reason to be condescending... i am trying to put together the best draft i can... i know i won't get everybody i am listing, but i am really trying to be realistic, and i find some of the comments in here to be condescending, and i really would appreciate it if you kept your less than informative comments to yourself and try to be more helpful to the people who are trying to learn the finer points of fantasy baseball drafting and things of this nature...

thank you in advance for understanding...

tim :-)
cubsin'05
College Coach
College Coach

yahoo fantasy draft

Postby cubsin'05 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:17 pm

it's not that i don't want a-rod... he just never occured to me when i was thinking of 1st round players... i would rather have pujols there...

tim B-)
cubsin'05
College Coach
College Coach

yahoo fantasy draft

Postby cubsin'05 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:29 pm

if arod was available, sure i'd pick him... but he wouldn't be my 1st pick... and no, peavy would not be my 1st pitcher either... i'd go with either santana or prior if i tok a 1st round pitcher... but peavy would definitely be either a 3rd or 4th round pick... in fact, right now as we speak, my first 5 picks are pujols, ollie perez, pierre, peavy and mcab...now out of all these, hoiw many would u say i could get???

tim B-)
cubsin'05
College Coach
College Coach

yahoo fantasy draft

Postby cubsin'05 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:40 pm

you don't really think that ollie perez will be a 1st round pick do you??? i was thinking high 2nd, low 3rd at best...

tim B-)
cubsin'05
College Coach
College Coach

Re: yahoo fantasy draft

Postby Madison » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:39 pm

cubsin'05 wrote:listen, no reason to be condescending... i am trying to put together the best draft i can... i know i won't get everybody i am listing, but i am really trying to be realistic, and i find some of the comments in here to be condescending, and i really would appreciate it if you kept your less than informative comments to yourself and try to be more helpful to the people who are trying to learn the finer points of fantasy baseball drafting and things of this nature...

thank you in advance for understanding...

tim :-)

I don't think the guys are being condescending, I think they are trying to point out a flaw in how you've ranked your players.

For example, say you ended up with the 10th pick overall. With your rankings, and the 10th spot, it's possible that your first 3 picks will be gone ( Pujols, Santana, Crawford). Now with your prerankings, that would leave the computer to take Peavy as the 10th overall pick which would hurt you. Hey, I'm a big fan of Peavy, but even I won't take him 10th overall. ;-)

Eftda's got the right idea ;-D . Take the entire Yahoo list and tweak them the way you want. It's impossible to only rank 20 or 30 players and wind up with anything decent since you don't know what draft spot you will get or what the other owners will do.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby delux_247 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:58 pm

This is a funny thread. I am glad I read it.
delux_247
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers