Magglio, Bay or Rowand? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Magglio, Bay or Rowand?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Brendo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:26 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I say Maggs, Bay then ROwand.

Even with the sacrifice of his 2nd round pick if he keeps Maggs? :-o

Wow - didn't even see that.

You know what I've figured out - if you don't have an avatar, I don't read your posts. It's not deliberate, I mean I don't consciously say "If you don't take the time to pick a damned avatar, I'm not going to take the time to respond to your question". But subconsciously I just pass over these posts because nothing sticks out about the post. Kind of like having a Mets avatar, I just pass right on over the post.

Funny eh?

What was the question again?

i have a habit of not reading posts by guys with crappay avatars....like for instance, old decrepid centerfielders who kept the greatest player in the history of the world from getting regular at bats from 1985 to 1987.....but that's me
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:33 pm

This isn't even close. Its not like Maggs is going to outproduce Bay by 13 rounds, and its debateable he'll even come close. Take Bay by a mile.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:36 pm

Brendo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

You know what I've figured out - if you don't have an avatar, I don't read your posts. It's not deliberate, I mean I don't consciously say "If you don't take the time to pick a damned avatar, I'm not going to take the time to respond to your question". But subconsciously I just pass over these posts because nothing sticks out about the post. Kind of like having a Mets avatar, I just pass right on over the post.

Funny eh?

i have a habit of not reading posts by guys with crappay avatars....like for instance, old decrepid centerfielders who kept the greatest player in the history of the world from getting regular at bats from 1985 to 1987.....but that's me

hmmmm.....Lee Mazzilli? Rusty Staub? Give me a hint.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Halo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:38 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:This isn't even close. Its not like Maggs is going to outproduce Bay by 13 rounds, and its debateable he'll even come close. Take Bay by a mile.

Bay it is. Thanks for everyone's input. I'll work on an avatar, I was unaware it was a status symbol around here.
10/27/02 - Answered Prayers
Halo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:41 pm

Its not a status symbol, its more of a way to identify you. Its who you are. Once you are here for awhile you'll know who people are without looking at their screen name just by seeing their sig and avatar.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Brendo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:11 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Brendo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Funny eh?

hmmmm.....Lee Mazzilli? Rusty Staub? Give me a hint.

i know it's not Juan Samuel
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:15 pm

Juan Samuel... I think I just got sick... :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:18 pm

Juan stole PT from Mackey Sasser.

At least Mookie got his ABs and everything was right in the world.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Brendo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:14 pm

there was nothing right about it......until the sping of '86 when the mook went down

ok that's messed up, rooting for the guy to get hit in the eye....but it was his fault for wearing glasses that big

and this thread is officially hi-jacked....sorry
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Registered_Guest » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:39 pm

Bay, Rowand, Magglio

Bay -- I don't think he'll ever steal 20, but he'll go over the 30 mark in HR's for several seasons.

Rowand -- He will be a 20/20 guy this year.

Magglio -- Pitchers' park and knee concerns. Even w/o the knee concerns, I'd put him no higher than #2 on this list.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers