Some draft help needed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Some draft help needed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Some draft help needed

Postby fantasybballking » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:01 am

First off let me commend you for this forum - I have only been on for a couple of days but have found it to be the most active and knowledgeable forum in the industry.

I am entering my 5X5 roto keeper league draft with the following keepers.

Pedro, Vlad, Soriano, Hudson, Oswalt, Gagne and Edmonds.

My question is regarding Positions scarcity. I am obviously starting out with a weaker office then most so is it smart for me to grab a SS and C early to give myself a bit of an advantage or just to load up on the biggest sticks available.

Here is a peek into who is available

C
Pudge
J. Lopez

SS
Rollins
Furcal
Renteria

Top Hitters
Pierre
Huff
D. Lee

Thanks for the help guys!
fantasybballking
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chris8 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:29 am

Firstly, with those pitchers, I would take hitters for at least the first 5 rounds, possibly more.

I'm really not a believer in position scarcity, so I would go with the best available. Having said that, I might just take Huff over Pierre, because of the extra eligibility he has. But then Pierre would help you with speed. Rollins would be decent at this point as well.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby Egregious » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:45 am

I would agree with chris8: hitters only for awhile, unless a closer run starts (you'll want at least 2 more, but with Gagne, you can afford to wait till later in the run).
Given that, I would take Pierre right off - getting Pierre in what's essentially the 7th round is a steal. Huff's also valuable for the multi-eligibility (1b/3b/of, in most leagues).
If you don't get one of the top tier or second tier C's (say, those two, plus mauer, posada, martinez, varitek) forget catcher and just pick someone up at the end of the draft.) That said, I would go for a SS after getting Pierre or Huff, if you can get a catcher.
Egregious
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:43 am

Huff, Lee and Pierre should be choices 1, 2 and 3. You have great pitching now you just need the offense to go along with it. It doesn't matter if it comes form C, SS, 1B or OF.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby nikku88 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:46 am

Go with Hitters. Huff would be my first choice.
I really like Rollins for this year as well.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team