What type of draft is most popular? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What type of draft is most popular?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What type of draft you usually prefer?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:18 am

Offline Draft
16%
Live Draft
76%
Extended Live Draft
3%
Autopick
5%

Total votes : 37

What type of draft is most popular?

Postby vetteman » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:18 am

Just wondering what type of draft others prefer.
vetteman Beginner
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Andy1234 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:53 am

There are benifits to all, Really depends on your league, if you can all get together, then an offline draft is probably the most fun. I would never do an Auto pick Draft.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby prodpaul » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:51 am

I absolutely love our off line draft. It is something I look forward to all year. We have a real dedicated group of guys and we get together the Saturday before the season starts and spend 5-6 hours drafting and talking trash. We have even starting having a Winter Meeting a month or two before the draft.

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mcqfesijiba » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:42 pm

I prefer slow offline drafts above all others (not chat room drafts or whatever). However, if you get one or two members who aren't into it and take a long time on EVERY pick, then it's a little less fun for the rest. Slow offline drafts are a necessity in the leagues I'm in, because I have never been in a league where everyone can get together at once. The leagues I'm in have people who work and/or live on different continents.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:45 pm

Yeah a slow offline draft with committed owners is my favorite. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jaydog2314 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:07 pm

agreed...i love having our draft offline. one of the highlights of the year. a group of 10 guys sitting around talking trash, drinking beers then dissecting each other's drafts after it's over.
"And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?"
-Homer Simpson
jaydog2314
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tuff_gong » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:18 pm

after taking 9 hours last year for my leagues offline draft, we decided thsi year to meet at an office available where 10 computers with internet would be close proximity with each other (cubicles), and we're hoping to cut down on the time. it should be fun talking trash through cubicles.

Well that's just like, your opinion man.
tuff_gong
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:20 pm

I prefer a live draft whenever possible. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Tavish » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:21 pm

Not sure what an extended live draft is. Is that where you start a live draft, a couple of owners drink a shot every time someone says Pooholes and everyone giggles, gets so drunk that they pass out and have to finish the draft the next week?

If so then that is definitely my favorite kind of draft as long as I'm one of the drinkers.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:30 pm

Tavish wrote:Not sure what an extended live draft is. Is that where you start a live draft, a couple of owners drink a shot every time someone says Pooholes and everyone giggles, gets so drunk that they pass out and have to finish the draft the next week?

If so then that is definitely my favorite kind of draft as long as I'm one of the drinkers.

I was wondering what an extended live draft was as well. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers