Rate these youngsters for 2005 (deep SP) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rate these youngsters for 2005 (deep SP)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate these youngsters for 2005 (deep SP)

Postby Andy1234 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:45 am

How do you see these young arms factoring into 5x5 roto, for this season. I haven't heard a whole lot about these guys, but I'm looking for ones that will get a rotation spot. Guaranteed or battling for a spot in ST. If you know a certin player is almost certin to spend the season in the pen or in the minors (unless major injury hits the rotation), let me know.

Which ones; Should be drafted? Should I consider drafting? Should be ignored completly in 2005?

Grant Balfour - Minn
Erik Bedard - Balt
Joaquin Benoit - Tex
Joe Blanton - Oak
David Bush - Tor
Juan Cruz - Oak
Juan Dominguez - Tex
Gavin Floyd - Phi
Jeff Francis - Col
Dan Haren - Oak
Luke Hudson - Cin
Noah Lowry - SF
Bobby Madritsch - Sea
Matt Riley - Balt
Jerome Williams - SF
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter. -Crash Davis

Stewie : [watching a baseball game] Why does that man drop his club before he runs? I would bring it with me!
Andy1234
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:44 am

Draft: Blanton, Bush, Francis, Haren, Williams
Avoid: Balfour, Dominguez, Benoit, Riley
Consider: The rest of the bunch

Of the group, I like Blanton, Bush, and Francis the best, but Francis is in Colorado unfortunately. Otherwise he's definately #1 on there.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:47 am

I think Bedard, Blanton, Bush, Francis, Haren, Lowry, and Williams are expected to start.

Benoit, Dominguez, Floyd, Hudson, Madritsch, and Riley still have to earn their spots.

Balfour and Cruz are likely to be in the pen.

In terms of contributions this year for that first group, I'd rate them: Lowry, Blanton, Francis, Bush, Haren, Bedard, Williams

Longer term: Francis, Blanton, Bush, Lowry, Haren, Bedard, Williams.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby LBJackal » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:53 am

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:I think Bedard, Blanton, Bush, Francis, Haren, Lowry, and Williams are expected to start.

Benoit, Dominguez, Floyd, Hudson, Madritsch, and Riley still have to earn their spots.

Balfour and Cruz are likely to be in the pen.

In terms of contributions this year for that first group, I'd rate them: Lowry, Blanton, Francis, Bush, Haren, Bedard, Williams

Longer term: Francis, Blanton, Bush, Lowry, Haren, Bedard, Williams.

Where does the love for Lowry come from? As far as I'm concerned he's had the best year he'll ever have already. I wouldn't say anything usually with such a trivial player, but you seem to have the same views on those other youngsters as I do.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mcqfesijiba » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:38 pm

I like Jerome Williams the best out of them for this season.
I would kind of lump Blanton, Bush, Lowry, and Dan haren very close together as I expect all to have very similar seasons.
Bedard is tough to read. He sturggled most of last year, but considering last year was his rookie year AND first full season back from Tommy John surgery, he could live up to his potential.
Francis is a great talent, but Colorado will be a hindrance and put him a little behind the guys I just mentioned.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby so0perspam » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:51 pm

Both the A's and Giants' youngsters should do well next season.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:02 pm

LBJackal wrote:
Where does the love for Lowry come from? As far as I'm concerned he's had the best year he'll ever have already. I wouldn't say anything usually with such a trivial player, but you seem to have the same views on those other youngsters as I do.

Obviously, long-term I don't rate him that high and I was trying to rank these guys from memory. I had not looked closely at Lowry, because he was a keeper on another team. Looking at my values (based on my league's history and cats), he falls far below Francis, significantly below Bush, Blanton, and Haren, and about equal with Bedard and Williams.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby so0perspam » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:10 pm

LBJackal wrote:Where does the love for Lowry come from? As far as I'm concerned he's had the best year he'll ever have already. I wouldn't say anything usually with such a trivial player, but you seem to have the same views on those other youngsters as I do.

Why not have some love for Lowry? He was the first rookie in history I believe to go undefeated (6-0) and he posted up some great numbers last season, with a 3.82 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 72 K's in 71 IP, and to top it all off, 2 CG. The Giants offense only gets better this season with the addition of Alou and further development of Feliz, and there's no added pressure going in as the #4 starter.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LBJackal » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:43 pm

When a guy does better in the majors than he's ever done in the minors, that shows me he had a lucky couple months. I don't think he'll ever better his rookie season. I could be wrong and I hope I am because I have him as a free keeper in one of my leagues, but I doubt it.

LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby so0perspam » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:44 pm

LBJackal wrote:When a guy does better in the majors than he's ever done in the minors, that shows me he had a lucky couple months. I don't think he'll ever better his rookie season. I could be wrong and I hope I am because I have him as a free keeper in one of my leagues, but I doubt it.

We shall see, I'd put money on him having a winning record by the end of the year.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers