New Auction + Draft App - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

New Auction + Draft App

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Auction + Draft App

Postby cardboardbox » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:15 am

Hey guys,

I've been working on this for quite some time and its time to release it to the public. I've created a new auction/draft application called Fantasy Baseball Workshop (http://www.fbworkshop.com) with some nifty features ;-D :
- Import multiple sets of projections and give them weights. You can weight each one differently depending on how much you trust the projections.
- Import multiple ranking files. You can use mock drafts, expert rankings, or whatever you find to help create a combined ranking that will serve as your basis during the draft.
- Generate customized dollar values based on your league size, player pool, salary cap, players per team, and scoring categories.
- Weight scoring categories. You can decide that AVG is worth half of HR (or any other stat) when deciding dollar values.
- Inflation rates that calculate inflation or deflation during the auction.
- Rank difference data that shows you the difference between perceived value (rank) and actual value (dollar values).
- Rosters with team summaries that show $ left, profit, value obtained, max bid, average paid, andplayers needed.
- Edit players projections, reorder rankings, and set targets for your auction or draft.
- Easily keep track of team's rosters, standings, and players available during your auction or draft.

Go to http://www.fbworkshop.com to try the demo. I'll be around here to answer any questions. B-)

Mods - I did not see a specific forum to place this thread. I hope it is ok here.
cardboardbox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

new version 1.1

Postby cardboardbox » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:19 pm

Version 1.1 is now available. For those that have a previous version installed, please uninstall it first before installing the new version. Heres a list of the changes:

Version 1.1
----------------
- can import players with names formatted with first initials (F.Last, F Last, etc)
- combine stats is much faster now if only there is only one set of imported data for each type (Batter, Pitcher, Ranking)
- ratings system modified to generate more accurate dollar values
- ability to use your own custom replacement level values (settings->Hitting/Pitching Categories
- Auction tab defaults to show only players with imported stats. Can toggle to see all players.
- fixed no stats refresh bug on Players tab when refreshing after viewing pitchers
- can now import your own dollar values and turn off the dollar value generator (settings->Statistics)
- players stats window appears on auction tab when player is selected
- ratings columns on Players tabs replaced with category $. Shows the $ assigned to the player per category.
cardboardbox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KolbSaves » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:24 pm

You should mention that it's $20.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:41 pm

classifieds?
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cardboardbox » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:53 pm

The classifieds description seems to imply its for league openings. If its not appropriate here maybe a mod could move it for me?
cardboardbox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers