Barry Bonds Steroid Gag Order - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Barry Bonds Steroid Gag Order

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JDD » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:57 pm

If he dodges the issue, what is the point of having a news conference? He should just make a taped statement and move on.

This is bad form in my professional opinion.

Barry Bonds is about to break Hank Aaron's record, and there will be many in the stands who will boo him.

Anyone else concerned about this?

Should we care?
--JDD
JDD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:01 pm

JDD wrote:If he dodges the issue, what is the point of having a news conference? He should just make a taped statement and move on.

Barry Bonds is about to break Hank Aaron's record, and there will be many in the stands who boo him.

Should we care?

No, apparently you're the only one who cares. I appreciate all that Barry has done for the Giants, and whether or not he has the news conference or makes a taped statement won't change that. I still don't get where you're coming from. It's not your career is it? Is the news conference going to affect you? Will the news conference affect whether or not he'll break Aaron's record? No, no, no, and no. So then again, I pose the question .... why did you waste your time making this thread? :-?
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:17 pm

when big name players first arrive at spring training they address the media. the gag order on steroid talk is from selig. i dont understand what the big deal is. personally, i dont really care what he has to say. others may want to hear his opinion on the team's offseason acquisitions, post season possibilities, and breaking aaron's record. even if there wasnt a gag did you really expect him to answer steroid questions?
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby MashinSpuds » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:18 pm

Too bad the news media couldn't unite and stage a silent protest at the news conference, somewhat saying that if they can't ask about steroids there's nothing to talk about. That'd be impressive.. but highly unlikely...
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby WittyC » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:24 pm

so0perspam wrote:
JDD wrote:If he dodges the issue, what is the point of having a news conference? He should just make a taped statement and move on.

Barry Bonds is about to break Hank Aaron's record, and there will be many in the stands who boo him.

Should we care?

No, apparently you're the only one who cares. I appreciate all that Barry has done for the Giants, and whether or not he has the news conference or makes a taped statement won't change that. I still don't get where you're coming from. It's not your career is it? Is the news conference going to affect you? Will the news conference affect whether or not he'll break Aaron's record? No, no, no, and no. So then again, I pose the question .... why did you waste your time making this thread? :-?

Why do you care that he cares? Nobody forces you to read threads, bro.

And Barry-bashing threads should be a mandatory thing. I hope that everyone boos and cheers against this guy. He represents everything that's wrong with sports in the same boat as Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Spreewell and Artest. He's bad for baseball, he's a cheater, and he should be stripped of his MVP's and records. I don't see how anyone can argue this.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mcmahojl » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:35 pm

What I think is funny is that when Bonds speaks, there is a time and date for it. And then there are people around the country trying to guess what he will talk about.

Who cares? Honestly, its getting to be too much.

I never got into the soap opera's that sometimes come along with this beautiful game.
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:38 pm

Another meaningless press conference just like Giambis. And Soop, you went a little overboard, and if no one cares why did you bother to post in it?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby lesgrant » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:13 pm

Saying ‘who cares’ about one of the biggest stories of the decade and one which will define this era of baseball is sour grapes. Too bad your guy turned out to be a cheater.

If no one cared we, wouldn’t have like 2 or 3 simultaneous threads about this.

That being said, I agree with:

MashinSpuds wrote:Too bad the news media couldn't unite and stage a silent protest at the news conference, somewhat saying that if they can't ask about steroids there's nothing to talk about. That'd be impressive.. but highly unlikely...
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers