Why does ZIG hate Johan? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why does ZIG hate Johan?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:17 pm

I'm going to go with that he has an armadillo in his trousers as compared to your caterpillar 8-o :-D BURN! (J/k)
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WittyC » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:21 pm

I'm getting your back, ZIG...

Santana is overrated! Other than his wins, his numbers weren't that much better than, let's say, Oliver Perez. Randy's "video game stats" warrant first-round selection, not Santana's. Minnesota won't win as many games as they did last year, because that whole division is better. He's been a legitimate starter for all of one season. I would wager that anyone who took Prior in round one last year won't make that mistake on Santana this year. He's a great risk/reward guy, but that doesn't make him a first round pick!
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:25 pm

I would assume that many people agree with ZIG on Santana but he's 1 of the few with the balls to say it here.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby slomo007 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:54 pm

WittyC wrote:I'm getting your back, ZIG...

Santana is overrated! Other than his wins, his numbers weren't that much better than, let's say, Oliver Perez. Randy's "video game stats" warrant first-round selection, not Santana's. Minnesota won't win as many games as they did last year, because that whole division is better. He's been a legitimate starter for all of one season. I would wager that anyone who took Prior in round one last year won't make that mistake on Santana this year. He's a great risk/reward guy, but that doesn't make him a first round pick!

Some of your post made sense....some of it didn't. The biggest thing that stuck out like a sore thumb was the fact that you think the Twins' division got better? Who exactly is going to challenge them this year? The only team that actually got considerably better would be the Tigers. I think that can be counteracted by the White Sox falloff however. KC is still terrible. Cleveland isn't any better than last year, but they're still good. Detroit is probably slightly above average offensively now...but I won't go so far as to be nervous when Santana is on the mound against them.

I agree that I would rather have RJ, and definitely value RJ higher this year.....but Johan is still the 2nd best pitcher in the league hands down, and I don't see any reason at all to think he won't produce like a 1st rounder this year.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Zito is God » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:15 pm

slomo007 wrote:

Some of your post made sense....some of it didn't. The biggest thing that stuck out like a sore thumb was the fact that you think the Twins' division got better? Who exactly is going to challenge them this year? The only team that actually got considerably better would be the Tigers. I think that can be counteracted by the White Sox falloff however. KC is still terrible. Cleveland isn't any better than last year, but they're still good. Detroit is probably slightly above average offensively now...but I won't go so far as to be nervous when Santana is on the mound against them.

I agree that I would rather have RJ, and definitely value RJ higher this year.....but Johan is still the 2nd best pitcher in the league hands down, and I don't see any reason at all to think he won't produce like a 1st rounder this year.

How in the world do you figuire the White S ox offensive got worse???

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:17 pm

Zito is God wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

How in the world do you figuire the White S ox offensive got worse???

Losing Maggs, losing C. Lee. Gaining a .250 hitter and a Japanese hitter who is most likely to struggle. Frank being hurt for the first part of the year. My belief that there is no way Konerko repeats those numbers. Need I go on? The only real improvement they made was at catcher with AJ.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Zito is God » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:21 pm

Maggs wasn't witrh the team for half the season last year anyways. I bet Pods puts up better numbers and more production for the team then you think. The outfield is better then ever, a healthy Dye can put up great numbers as a good sub for Maggs. Uribe has also consistently improved over the past 3 years.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:22 pm

Zito is God wrote:Maggs wasn't witrh the team for half the season last year anyways. I bet Pods puts up better numbers and more production for the team then you think. The outfield is better then ever, a healthy Dye can put up great numbers as a good sub for Maggs. Uribe has also consistently improved over the past 3 years.

Crede needs to step up for them to have any chance at being respectable. I think their season really lies on Crede and Tadahito playing well. The rest of their team will be decent...so if they can play well, that gives the whole team a huge boost. I'm not counting on it though.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:27 pm

An OF of Pods, Dye, and Rowand is not better than an OF of Lee, Rowand, and Maggs. Its not even close. And no Frank Thomas either for the first month or two. Do you realize how many RBIs they lose between Lee, Maggs and Thomas? Their offense is going to be worse, and this speedball with stealing bases probably won't be that great. Doesn't a team have to be succesful at stealing bases at least 72% of attempts to break even?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Rico The Retard » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:55 pm

You got him in bed with your mother?????? :-?
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers