Jeff Bagwell-Will he return to form? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeff Bagwell-Will he return to form?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:33 pm

Eh, hes finished. Hes been in decline for a bit, and its only going to get worse from here. He'll retire soon. As for the steroids, there is no circumstantial evidence on this like there is for Bonds, Giambi, Sheffield, etc. Its the same thing I view with Sammy Sosa. Guys get old. Their skills deteroiate. Until I see at least some evidence, I'm not going to go out and say they were on roids. (I'm going to get heat for this because saying Sosa wasn't on roids will probably be blasphemy here, but at least I can say there isn't any links to drug companies.)
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:46 pm

I think that he is done by his old standards but can still be solid. I think somewhere around .280-25-90 is tops for him.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Smizzy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:22 am

Yoda wrote:
Smizzy wrote:LOL

Yea Jeff Bagwell is small :-t

You guess guys can't just get old?? Like Barry Bonds ?


So let me get this straight. A baseball player is not allowed to be muscular if he hasn't done steroids? Is that your argument? I'm not too clear on what you are implying here. :-?


No...i was just kidding around before but i do belive Bagwell is juicing. Thats my opinion and i should keep it to myself without proof.

I agree. My bad.
"Clutch does exist, I've got one in my car"--BobbyRoberto
Smizzy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 429
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Out of my ****ing mind!!

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:41 am

Since the players will not release a list of who passed/failed the roids tests (which is their right) under the current environment everyone is under suspicion and bulked up players are certainly under more suspicion than thin ones. Is/was Bagwell on roids...who knows but if I had to guess, well...

About the only ones most people are relatively sure about are the extreme cases...guys like Bonds and Giambi.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:48 am

Smizzy wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Smizzy wrote:LOL

Yea Jeff Bagwell is small :-t

You guess guys can't just get old?? Like Barry Bonds ?


So let me get this straight. A baseball player is not allowed to be muscular if he hasn't done steroids? Is that your argument? I'm not too clear on what you are implying here. :-?


No...i was just kidding around before but i do belive Bagwell is juicing. Thats my opinion and i should keep it to myself without proof.

I agree. My bad.



Not sure if he did or didn't, but all I have to say in defense of Bagwell..."Ken Caminiti" :-o

Since the others are all guilty by association..why not Bags and Biggio? :-?

By no means, am I suggesting they are, or ever were... It's just the exact same circumstantial evidence that has convicted many others in the eye's of the public, which is BS (imho)
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 979
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: where your not looking

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:55 am

The players could have ended the gullt by association by releasing test results. They do not want to do that, so they can hardly complain that many are being found guilty in the arena of public opinion.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Artemlol and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact