Which Buc - Tike or Lawton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which Buc - Tike or Lawton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which Buc - Tike or Lawton

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:01 am

Which lousy Buc would you prefer on your 5x5 mixed keeper Tike Redman or Matt Lawton.

At his best Lawton is pretty average if you ask me - but he helps a little in each cat and they may bat him 3rd or 4th.

Tike can be downright terrible and has little power but he has great speed and a much higher upside. He will bat 7th or 8th (because he looked like a little leaguer batting leadoff last year) and will have few RBIs but over 20 SB.

So who do you prefer for a 5x5 keeper?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:06 am

Lawton by about 10000 miles.

At least Lawton has a decent track record of getting some homers and steals. I really hope he brings that to the table for my Pirates.

Tike Redman is garbage - he can steal, but never does. He can't hit or draw walks, so they can't even use his speed as a #1 hitter. If he starts (which I hope he doesn't), he'll probably be in the 8 hole (pretty close to what I think of him :-b ). I think there's about 0 chance he gets 20 steals. He's going to steal with the pitcher up next? Doubt it. He'll be bunted over every time if he does manage to get on base.

I am hoping this is Tike's last year in Buccoland. We have 2 or 3 guys in the minors who are about ready to get a shot. I don't want them to, but they should stick Bay in CF, Lawton in LF, and either Craig Wilson, Mackoviak, or trade for a RF before the season starts...and I doubt that will happen at this point.
Last edited by Mercer Boy on Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rlee » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:07 am

I agree with the Lawton assessment if you have to keep one of them. :-P The rumors keep swirling that the Bucs are looking for another OF. If that happens, they may switch Bay to CF, leaving Redman w/o a job. ;-)
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Rico The Retard » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:42 pm

Lawton is my choice too
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby wrveres » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:58 pm

I would think that Tike and Terrerro are cut from the same cloth, if that helps :-°
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:59 pm

I believe that Lawton is actually penciled in to lead off, right? I would agree that Tike's days are numbered.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Mordraken » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:13 pm

I'd also pick Lawton by a mile. Lawton was my best waiver wire pickup last year. For someone that went undrafted in most leagues, he put up over a .270 BA (not bad), was a 20/20 guy with over 100 runs. For someone that usually goes undrafted, those are pretty decent numbers.

Injuries are always a concern with him (last year was the first since 2001 that he was healthy all year), but he is a guy who can contribute in 3-4 categories (depending on the size of your league) and will probably be in the top 25 in SB and top 50 in runs scored.
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zito is God » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:02 pm

How are you even comparing this?!

Someone compared Lawton's numbers to Beltran's last year as similar enough so that you would win out in value taking Lawton in the 15th then Beltran inthe first...NO ONE compared Tike to anything, all he ever had was his speed but he hasn't shown it in the majors. Lawton by 987,654,321 miles.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:09 pm

Lawton without question. I would however expect to not have him for the whole season because the Pirates will probably trade him before the break to a contender if he is doing well. Nobody will take on Tike Redman.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers