Can I hear personal opinions on the following players? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Can I hear personal opinions on the following players?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can I hear personal opinions on the following players?

Postby josefinacat » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:35 am

Rickie Weeks, Scott Olsen, Casey Kotchman, Grady Sizemore, Zach Duke, JJ Hardy, the Dejesus guy from KC taking over for Beltran. Appreciate it. ;-D
I like Griffey.
josefinacat
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:41 am

Anything exactly you want to hear about them? I can talk about any, but it would just help if you said what .... you know so I don't end of rambling :-b
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Rico The Retard » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:54 pm

hybrid wrote:Anything exactly you want to hear about them? I can talk about any, but it would just help if you said what .... you know so I don't end of rambling :-b

get ramling hybrid, hurry ;-D :-D
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby josefinacat » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:06 pm

Scouting reports, personal opinions, personal future projections, thoughts, anything really. Would just like to know some more info on all these guys. ;-D
I like Griffey.
josefinacat
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Can I hear personal opinions on the following players?

Postby warrick95 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:59 pm

josefinacat wrote:Rickie Weeks, Scott Olsen, Casey Kotchman, Grady Sizemore, Zach Duke, JJ Hardy, the Dejesus guy from KC taking over for Beltran. Appreciate it. ;-D

Weeks- toolsy 2B...he's been disappointing thus far considering his skillset, but he should bounce back. Will provide a good power/speed combination from 2B.

Olsen- brings the gas from the left side, which is why he's rated so highly. Probably just below the top tier of pitching prospects.

Duke- finesse lefty.

Hardy- limited upside compared to other top prospects, but should be a steady player. He didn't show the greatest bat before his breakout year, so look out for that.

Sizemore- Never gotten the hype with him. They say he has speed, yet it doesn't show up on the stat sheet. He can hit for average..

DeJesus- steady leadoff man, not too high on him for fantasy, though. He'll get runs and a good BA around .300, but he won't steal enough bags to do too much for you.

Kotchman- one of the best pure hitters in the minors, he'll definitely hit for average. We'll see on power. He could do the Olerud/Grace thing and prefer to hit for average, or he could develop 30 homer power down the line. I personally think he'll be above Olerud but below Morneau/Tex in terms of power numbers.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Can I hear personal opinions on the following players?

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:15 pm

warrick95 wrote:
josefinacat wrote:Rickie Weeks, Scott Olsen, Casey Kotchman, Grady Sizemore, Zach Duke, JJ Hardy, the Dejesus guy from KC taking over for Beltran. Appreciate it. ;-D

Weeks- toolsy 2B...he's been disappointing thus far considering his skillset, but he should bounce back. Will provide a good power/speed combination from 2B.

Olsen- brings the gas from the left side, which is why he's rated so highly. Probably just below the top tier of pitching prospects.

Duke- finesse lefty.

Hardy- limited upside compared to other top prospects, but should be a steady player. He didn't show the greatest bat before his breakout year, so look out for that.

Sizemore- Never gotten the hype with him. They say he has speed, yet it doesn't show up on the stat sheet. He can hit for average..

DeJesus- steady leadoff man, not too high on him for fantasy, though. He'll get runs and a good BA around .300, but he won't steal enough bags to do too much for you.

Kotchman- one of the best pure hitters in the minors, he'll definitely hit for average. We'll see on power. He could do the Olerud/Grace thing and prefer to hit for average, or he could develop 30 homer power down the line. I personally think he'll be above Olerud but below Morneau/Tex in terms of power numbers.

good explanation here...

add something to sizemore,,,, he is not a superstar in the making but he has the chance to be a star.... somewhere a little below a carlos lee type player is my opinion of him..300 BA, 25 hrs, 10 sbs....nothing great but not bad either....

kotchman would definitely be the best of this bunch....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby warrick95 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:25 pm

I don't think Sizemore's going to mash as many homers as Lee. I see Sizemore as more of a Mark Kotsay type player. Good defense, good speed, decent power for a leadoff man...does everything well.

Out of that list, you're right, Kotchman's probably best, but don't forget position scarcity. If Weeks has a good year, he may be a better pick, due to the lack of quality talent at 2B.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby io » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:52 pm

this is lazy, but:

Rickie Weeks - the jury is still out

Scott Olsen - potential ace. not as high as some others out there

Casey Kotchman - don mattingly 2.0?

Grady Sizemore - a good one. i agree with the kotsay comparison, and maybe a little better.. should be solid

Zach Duke - he rules

JJ Hardy - could be overrated like jeter one day, could be decent fantasy contributer but not enough to match his popularity

the Dejesus guy - not bad, but nothing special either

i think your 3 studs are Kotchman Sizemore and Duke... the rest fall behind. i shouldnt give an oppinion on Olsen, dont know enough about him
io
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:20 am

warrick95 wrote:I don't think Sizemore's going to mash as many homers as Lee. I see Sizemore as more of a Mark Kotsay type player. Good defense, good speed, decent power for a leadoff man...does everything well.

Out of that list, you're right, Kotchman's probably best, but don't forget position scarcity. If Weeks has a good year, he may be a better pick, due to the lack of quality talent at 2B.

that was the point of me puttin sizemore a little below carlos lee level...i think his potential will tap out around 20 hrs or so with all other numbers being comparable to lee but this all depends on where he hits in lineup.... i dont think he will be the leadoff man, more of #3 or #6 hitter not #1
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Minor League & College Baseball