Melvin Mora - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Melvin Mora

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Melvin Mora

Postby CameronCrazy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:18 am

just like i addressed w/ peavy, why is melvin mora not been discussed more. he seems to have fallen down low on many of your guys' lists.
2004 stats
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/p ... atsId=6239
durham=we ghetto
CameronCrazy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CameronCrazy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:02 am

bump
durham=we ghetto
CameronCrazy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby foulballstrike3 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:16 am

Well, I disagreed w/ you on Peavy, but you are right about Mora. He had the trip to the DL last year, but other than that, he was solid and consistant. I think he is a top 5 3b. By the way, I can't believe I was actually cheering for Duke tonight. Well, at least they clinched the ACC regular season title for UNC.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CameronCrazy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:17 am

tell me about it
go j.j.
durham=we ghetto
CameronCrazy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DodgerFan14 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:37 am

mora has a history of injuries and kind of came out of nowhere last year to put up big numbers plus hes like 34 so people arent used to older players busting out and keeping it up
DodgerFan14
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TB13 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:17 am

In a non-keeper league, one can make a strong case to take him ahead of Wright. Mora is does not belong in the same class the top 5. But after that, is Chipper Jones or Glaus really a better option? Keeper-wise, Wright is most defitenly the one. But for the next year or two, Mora MAY still be better. Unless off course, Wright takes an M. Cab-like step forwad this year.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RugbyD » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am

he is legit. 2 years ago he learned how to hit and last year was further evidence of that. i have him at #3, just barely beating out beltre. this happens b/c of mora's 10+ SBs that he should get.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby foulballstrike3 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:42 am

TB13 wrote:In a non-keeper league, one can make a strong case to take him ahead of Wright. Mora is does not belong in the same class the top 5. But after that, is Chipper Jones or Glaus really a better option? Keeper-wise, Wright is most defitenly the one. But for the next year or two, Mora MAY still be better. Unless off course, Wright takes an M. Cab-like step forwad this year.

Doesn't belong in the same class? Please, check the #s early and often, and check them quickly please. As the old saying goes, numbers don't lie. He performed at a high level the entire season. I am confused here. Everyone is high on Beltre, but some are low on Mora? Granted, Beltre is much younger, but they are no different IMO. I would honestly rather have Mora, and that comes at a far cheaper price. I'll gladly take Mora in the 5th round.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:10 pm

I love Mora for this yr. I have Arod,Beltre, and ARam ranked ahead of him, but thats about it. I'll let someone else take Rolen, Blalock, Chavez - give me Mora a rd or two later. Unfortunately, I think we will see a ton of 3B runs this season, so when it gets to the 3rd rd you better start thinking about which one you want because those guys will go off the table quickly and in a group - you dont want to be the guy pinning your hopes on Wright - or worse. I see the dropoff after Chipper as being significant.

Be careful not to be on the wrong side of your 3B run this season.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:10 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I love Mora for this yr. I have Arod,Beltre, and ARam ranked ahead of him, but thats about it. I'll let someone else take Rolen, Blalock, Chavez - give me Mora a rd or two later. Unfortunately, I think we will see a ton of 3B runs this season, so when it gets to the 3rd rd you better start thinking about which one you want because those guys will go off the table quickly and in a group - you dont want to be the guy pinning your hopes on Wright - or worse. I see the dropoff after Chipper as being significant.

Be careful not to be on the wrong side of your 3B run this season.

Hmm, I think I will keep that in mind....too bad I needed to know this TWO DAYS AGO! :-[ :~(
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers