OK, I realize that Dusty Logic and my logic don't match up very often but what is going on? Here's how his lineup looks:
1. Corey Patterson
2. Jerry Hairston
3. Nomar Garciaparra
4. Aramis Ramirez
5. Jeremy Burnitz
6. Derrek Lee
7. Todd Walker
8. Michael Barrett
And Walker will be starting at 2B instead of Hairston.
As a Cards fan I want the Cubs to put their best lineup together and then beat the crap out of them.
1. Haiston at 2B. I like Walker but if you are going to put Hairston in the lineup why not upgrade the defense too?
2. Walker - Nice OBP plus I don't think you want to waste Nomar's and D. Lee's power here.
3. Nomar - Some say Nomar 2nd and A-Ram 3rd but I'm not convinced A-Ram can keep his OBP and BA as high as last year. Nomar is the best hitter on the team.
4. A-Ram - Young, powerful and should be great batting cleanup.
5. D. Lee - Why does Dusty insist on batting him 6th? He is tons better than Burnitz and if Burnitz bats in front of him it will be a shame.
6. Patterson - He's a great talent but you can't put a hitter with a career .303 OBP near the top of the lineup.
7. Burnitz - I think he will suffer being away from Coors but it's nice to have his HR threat this deep in the lineup.
8. Barrett - Nice offensive #'s for a catcher.