Anyone have any good ideas about my team??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Anyone have any good ideas about my team???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone have any good ideas about my team???

Postby DanMan1021 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:43 pm

Here is my Rotisserie League Auto Picked Team:
(The Bonds Squad)
C: Michael Barrett(CHC)
1B: Shea Hillenbrand(TOR)
1B: Chase Utley(PHI)
2B: Mark Loretta(SD)
2B: Jose Vidro(WAS)
3B: Corey Koskie(TOR)
SS: Kazuo Matsui(NYM)
OF: Barry Bonds(SF)
OF: Carlos Lee(MIL)
OF: Moises Alou(SF)
OF: Alex Sanchez(DET)
Util: Marquis Grissom(SF)
Util: Ryan Freel{my base stealer}(CIN)

SP: Pedro Martinez(NYM) John Thomson(ATL)
SP: Kerry Wood(CHC) Kelvim Escobar(LAA)
SP: Roy Halladay(TOR)

RP: Eric Gagne(LAD) B.J. Ryan(BAL)
RP: Dan Kolb(ATL)

Some Good Waiver Free Agents in my league:
1B: Lyle Overbay
OF: Richard Hidalgo
SP: Jeff Weaver
SP: John Lieber

I think i'm gonna try to get Jeff weaver through waivers but if anyone has any good ideas it would be very appreciated
DanMan1021
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:49 pm

Your team seems pretty good .... I'd drop Freel and Thomson for Lieber and Overbay.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby TML49 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:53 pm

Great pitching staff but your hitting is lacking some power. Also I don't know how you have Chase Utley at 1B. Here's what I would do:
Replace Hillenbrand w/ Overbay, drop Grissom for Hidalgo, and I also think Lieber and Weaver are both slightly better than Thomson and Escobar...I'd rank them Weaver, Lieber, Escobar, Thomson.

One you make those moves maybe try packaging Carlos Lee and one of your closers (Kolb or Ryan) for a monster outfielder like Miguel Cabrera, Hideki, or Edmonds. You don't need 3 closers with Gagne on your squad.
TML49
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby so0perspam » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:01 pm

TML49 wrote:Great pitching staff but your hitting is lacking some power. Also I don't know how you have Chase Utley at 1B. Here's what I would do:
Replace Hillenbrand w/ Overbay, drop Grissom for Hidalgo, and I also think Lieber and Weaver are both slightly better than Thomson and Escobar...I'd rank them Weaver, Lieber, Escobar, Thomson.

You are totally off here .... firstly, why drop Hillenbrand when you can drop Ryan Freel? :-? Freel won't even be getting much play time next season and gets you nothing other than SB, which Sanchez already provides, while Hillenbrand is a very good candidate for .305-80-20-85 next season. Grissom is better than Hidalgo, and that Giants lineup will be even stronger next year with the addition of Alou. Hidalgo is one of the most streakiest players in the MLB, and you never what you'll be getting from him. Lastly, are you crazy ranking Escobar that low? He is primed for a great year. Last year he was eighth in the AL in opponent's BA and also fourth in K's, while reducing his walk total as well. You can expect around 17 wins from his this season, with around a 3.75 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, and 210 K's. I wouldn't trust Weaver either, as he struggles mightily vs. LHP and that Dodger offense just got weaker this off-season.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DanMan1021 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:37 pm

so0perspam wrote:
TML49 wrote:Great pitching staff but your hitting is lacking some power. Also I don't know how you have Chase Utley at 1B. Here's what I would do:

You are totally off here .... firstly, why drop Hillenbrand when you can drop Ryan Freel? :-? Freel won't even be getting much play time next season and gets you nothing other than SB, which Sanchez already provides, while Hillenbrand is a very good candidate for .305-80-20-85 next season. Grissom is better than Hidalgo, and that Giants lineup will be even stronger next year with the addition of Alou. Hidalgo is one of the most streakiest players in the MLB, and you never what you'll be getting from him. Lastly, are you crazy ranking Escobar that low? He is primed for a great year. Last year he was eighth in the AL in opponent's BA and also fourth in K's, while reducing his walk total as well. You can expect around 17 wins from his this season, with around a 3.75 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, and 210 K's. I wouldn't trust Weaver either, as he struggles mightily vs. LHP and that Dodger offense just got weaker this off-season.
Do you think Lieber is better than Weaver?
DanMan1021
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby so0perspam » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:39 pm

DanMan1021 wrote:Do you think Lieber is better than Weaver?

Yes I do, but they aren't really far off in value from each other. Lieber is the safer option in my mind, but it's up to you if you want to take the slight risk with Weaver.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DanMan1021 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:43 pm

so0perspam wrote:
DanMan1021 wrote:Do you think Lieber is better than Weaver?

Yes I do, but they aren't really far off in value from each other. Lieber is the safer option in my mind, but it's up to you if you want to take the slight risk with Weaver.
ok I trust you, I always trust giants fans (on most occasions) lol
DanMan1021
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team