Julio Lugo 2B/SS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Julio Lugo 2B/SS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:27 pm

EugeneStyles wrote:
Pedantic wrote:Okay, that post was from 2005. ;-)

Dude, what year is it?!? Christ, I gotta update my headclock or something...

Seriously, I have Lugo projected at #52, based on Sportsline projections and my own tweaking based on 3 year averages. I'm pretty certain that's way too high, but the stats I have are 104 R, 14 HR, 72 RBI, 25 SB, .293 BA. Does anyone else have him ranked this high? Do those stats look reasonable? I'm at a loss here, because I definitely wouldn't have figured Lugo as even a top 100 player, but those are the stats I came up with, and they put him pretty high...

Oh, and why the hell did you reply to *this* 2-year-old post, instead of just starting a new one?

I like Lugo a lot too. Hitting at the top of Boston's lineup, I don't see why he wouldn't put up numbers similar to a guy like Furcal, with a handful fewer SB. So I think what you came up with actually sounds pretty reasonable to me.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby roninmedia » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:30 pm

Way to blow the lid off of the guy I was targeting late for my 2B. :-B

I had him last year on my fantasy team and he let me down, but I believe in a bounceback year for him.
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:33 pm

Speaking of players eligible at multiple positions, is Glaus SS eligible in yahoo this year?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Doughhead » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:08 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Speaking of players eligible at multiple positions, is Glaus SS eligible in yahoo this year?

Apparently so.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:45 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Speaking of players eligible at multiple positions, is Glaus SS eligible in yahoo this year?

Assuming they go by the rule of 5 games started or 10 games played, he should be, since he started 8 games there last year.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stumpak » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:15 pm

He should be 3B eligable as well. And I think that all of you are underrating him.

A conservative line would be something like .280/12/20 with a boatload of Rs leading off in Boston. I would be interested to see his PECOTA numbers, but .295/18/35 is not out of the question whatsoever. Regardless, guys like this do not grow on trees and he is unlikely to wind up on the bench in a 12 team league, and probably not a 10 team league.

Finally, remember that he was hurt during his stint with the Dodgers last year (brilliant Colletti move to trade a good prospect for a guy who hurt his hand two days before) and you should not put a ton of weight on his sucky performance in LA.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thedude » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:04 pm

EugeneStyles wrote:
Pedantic wrote:Okay, that post was from 2005. ;-)

Dude, what year is it?!? Christ, I gotta update my headclock or something...

Seriously, I have Lugo projected at #52, based on Sportsline projections and my own tweaking based on 3 year averages. I'm pretty certain that's way too high, but the stats I have are 104 R, 14 HR, 72 RBI, 25 SB, .293 BA. Does anyone else have him ranked this high? Do those stats look reasonable? I'm at a loss here, because I definitely wouldn't have figured Lugo as even a top 100 player, but those are the stats I came up with, and they put him pretty high...

Oh, and why the hell did you reply to *this* 2-year-old post, instead of just starting a new one?

8-o Mod telling poeple to start new threads instead of posting in anlready existing thread... i never thought i would see this day. :-b

Pecota disagress with you, They think more think .285, with 20 steals, and 75 runs, but those numbers seem to conservative to me. Batting infront of Manny, Papi, and Drew all year, Lugo is a lock for 100 runs. He also should get about 70 rbis and 20 steals. So your projections seem good to me.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby EugeneStyles » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:13 pm

thedude wrote: 8-o Mod telling poeple to start new threads instead of posting in anlready existing thread... i never thought i would see this day. :-b

Hey, I've been known to dredge up an old thread once in a while for humor's sake (okay, now don't go doing that, people... don't make me pull out the yellow cards), but pulling up a 2 year old thread just to ask what Lugo's positional eligibility will be this year? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it much, but it seems a little wonky... ;-)
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby gforce1124 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:20 pm

i would think is ceiling would be .300/15/25 with 120 runs and 75 rbi. no lower than .280/10/18 and 100/60 though.

i think felipe lopez will end up qualifying at SS/2B this season as well.
gforce1124
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Nerfherders » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:43 pm

Lugo is way underrated imho. He was sunk by that retarded trade to the Dodgers where he didnt have a place to play. I dont blame him for phoning it in down the stretch.

He should bounce back and put up his usual 100/15/75/25/.300, and being in a decent lineup still get that with a DL stint mixed in.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers