Julio Lugo 2B/SS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Julio Lugo 2B/SS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Julio Lugo 2B/SS

Postby ntrdame316 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:24 pm

Julio Lugo qualifies at 2B as well as SS, he has the potential to be a top 10 player at both postion, and an excellent bench player. And in all my drafts so far hes flying under the radar.
ntrdame316
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 137
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:07 pm

Top 12 is more realistic, but even though you have a pretty good point there, I wouldn't be comfortable with him at UTIL with the Casey's, Hafner's, and Alou's out there.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby Bobblehead » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:07 pm

so0perspam wrote:Top 12 is more realistic, but even though you have a pretty good point there, I wouldn't be comfortable with him at UTIL with the Casey's, Hafner's, and Alou's out there.


I believe ntrdame316 is referring to the fact that he would be a decent replacement in case your 2B or SS ends up on the DL for a while. He isn't suggesting that you DH him. :-]
Bobblehead
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 279
Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:13 pm

;-D

Thanks for the tip!! Having a guy cover 2 spots who can fill in quasi productively is handy. He's not likely to fly off the charts but could turn into a better value than phenoms like McPherson or Atkins.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby so0perspam » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:24 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:;-D

Thanks for the tip!! Having a guy cover 2 spots who can fill in quasi productively is handy. He's not likely to fly off the charts but could turn into a better value than phenoms like McPherson or Atkins.


I doubt he'll be of better value than McPherson considering how low he goes in most drafts .... but there's also guys like Feliz and Figgins who are eligible at multiple positions.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:02 am

Thanks for the heads up. ;-D
Image
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3522
Joined: 8 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:06 am

so0perspam wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:;-D

Thanks for the tip!! Having a guy cover 2 spots who can fill in quasi productively is handy. He's not likely to fly off the charts but could turn into a better value than phenoms like McPherson or Atkins.


I doubt he'll be of better value than McPherson considering how low he goes in most drafts .... but there's also guys like Feliz and Figgins who are eligible at multiple positions.




Figgins has four positions on yahoo right?
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Postby so0perspam » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:09 am

curious_george_43545 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:;-D

Thanks for the tip!! Having a guy cover 2 spots who can fill in quasi productively is handy. He's not likely to fly off the charts but could turn into a better value than phenoms like McPherson or Atkins.


I doubt he'll be of better value than McPherson considering how low he goes in most drafts .... but there's also guys like Feliz and Figgins who are eligible at multiple positions.




Figgins has four positions on yahoo right?


Right ... 2B, 3B, SS, and OF.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:20 am

so0perspam wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:;-D

Thanks for the tip!! Having a guy cover 2 spots who can fill in quasi productively is handy. He's not likely to fly off the charts but could turn into a better value than phenoms like McPherson or Atkins.


I doubt he'll be of better value than McPherson considering how low he goes in most drafts .... but there's also guys like Feliz and Figgins who are eligible at multiple positions.




Figgins has four positions on yahoo right?



Right ... 2B, 3B, SS, and OF.




Perfect bench guy, productive ( mainly steals ) and 4 positions in case of injuries. I'm high on him this year for my bench.
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Postby ensanimal » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:37 am

curious_george_43545 wrote:Perfect bench guy, productive ( mainly steals ) and 4 positions in case of injuries. I'm high on him this year for my bench.


for your bench? :-?

i'd be pleased with him as my starter at 2b/ss. but i guess that would make him an even better backup :-b
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10627
(Past Year: 112)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 8:53 hours
(and 95 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact