Coco Crisp or Jaque Jones? Who would you take? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Coco Crisp or Jaque Jones? Who would you take?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:20 pm

I think we pretty much know what we are getting with Jones at this point. Slightly above average pop and pretty much mediocre all around.

I like Coco better as I think he has a higher ceiling and at the point where they will be available, you should be looking at guys like Coco over guys like Jones.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:26 pm

coco has the much higher ceiling and jones is the type of player that u can find on the waiver wire most of the year
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Another thing to consider

Postby lssc2004 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:43 pm

The Twins has to trade one of their OFs during the season. They have to clear the spots for their youngsters. It should be either Stewart or Jones IMO.
LSSC
lssc2004
College Coach
College Coach

Postby looptid » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:45 pm

so0perspam wrote:...Jones will be stealing less frequently than before since he doesn't bat atop the order anymore...

With the way he swings at everything, never walks, and makes a ton of outs, for the Twins' sake, you would hope so, but I wouldn't put it past Gardenhire to hit Jones in the two spot. This is the manager that is going to start Jaun Castro at shortstop on opening day and shot his own team in the foot in the ALDS.

lssc2004 wrote:The Twins has to trade one of their OFs during the season. They have to clear the spots for their youngsters. It should be either Stewart or Jones IMO.

That went out the window when Kubel tore three legaments in his knee in the Arizona Fall League, otherwsie Jones may have been non-tendered. Stewart battled plantair facitis all last season and Hunter might be a little too fearless in his ongoing battle with walls. If the Twins get rid of Stewart or Jones, their fourth outfielder would become someone like Michael Ryan, Michael Restovich, or Jason Tyner. As much as Stewart should just DH, that is probably where Ford will hit in 2005.

I'd go with Crisp, his upside is much larger. Jones had an off season last year. It could have been related to the death of his father, or it could be that he's now 30 and is drifting away from his peak years.
looptid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rico The Retard » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:48 pm

Go with the cereal ;-D
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero