peavy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

peavy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Shogun » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:06 am

I see Peavy gone in the early to mid 3rd rounds. Maybe dropping to early 4th. I am inclined to agree with the general consensus on him on the tail end of the top 10 SP's.

Peavy & Hudson are just about even. Hudson should post better numbers than last season due to unfamiliar hitters & the Mazzone-Factor alone.

I would take Peavy over Hudson, Oswalt, and maybe even Prior (doubt he would fall that far). Prior's susceptibility to injury scares me a little; Oswalt's supporting offense won't be near as good or young as it was last year; as specified earlier, Hudson (to me) is dead even w/ Peavy...but Peavy gets the edge here due to the fact that he's family (sort of distantly, but family nonetheless). For the record, he is as good of a person as he is a pitcher.
Attack them when unprepared, make your move when they do not expect it. - Sun Tzu
Shogun
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:14 am

My top Ten are: Based on a keeper league...

Johan
RJ
Schmidt
Prior
Sheets
Schilling
Pedro
Ollie P.
Zambrano
Peavy
Hudson

okay, that was 11
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Rico The Retard » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:19 am

Peavy is ninth on my list and there is no way he is available in the 5th or 6th round, second off your overvaluing just one year which was also a shortened season for him, its pretty doubtful hell put up his ERA and WHIP again that he did last year, your puttin too much emphasis on one season
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby CameronCrazy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:22 am

did you not see what he did last year? check it out below. (rico can i get in your league so i can dominate you)
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/p ... atsId=6872
durham=we ghetto
CameronCrazy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:22 am

Johan
RJ
Prior
Schmidt
Sheets
Pedro
Hudson ;-D
Zambrano
Ollie P.
Peavy
Schilling
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Rico The Retard » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:47 am

CameronCrazy wrote:did you not see what he did last year? check it out below. (rico can i get in your league so i can dominate you)

did YOU see what i just wrote? you are putting too much emphasis on one year, how do you know hell put up them numbers again, in 03 whrere he threw more innings he put up 4.11 and his k/9 was a lot lower, and its not like im bashing him, hes my number 1 starter in my keeper league and im hoping as much as anyone hell have a good career, im just saying that hes not a top 5 pitcher as it seems your making him to be
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Fumbler » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:14 am

Rico The Retard wrote:
CameronCrazy wrote:did you not see what he did last year? check it out below. (rico can i get in your league so i can dominate you)

did YOU see what i just wrote? you are putting too much emphasis on one year, how do you know hell put up them numbers again, in 03 whrere he threw more innings he put up 4.11 and his k/9 was a lot lower, and its not like im bashing him, hes my number 1 starter in my keeper league and im hoping as much as anyone hell have a good career, im just saying that hes not a top 5 pitcher as it seems your making him to be

How do you know that Prior will put up those kind of numbers again? Or Sheets? Or Ollie? Or Santana? Or Zambrano? Everyone else is basing their judgement on 1 (or 2 at the most) good seasons.

It doesn't concern me one bit that he posted a high era in his first full season. I think he was 19 years old at the time. I'll cut him some slack.

He's had success at every level and has met every challenge at such a young age. There is no reason to think he won't put up similar numbers this year and in the years to come. It's scary thinking how good he could be when he actually reaches his prime (but that won't be for another 6 years, lol).

For my keeper league i have Peavy ranked 4th behind RJ, Santana, and Schmidt. Because of his age, Peavy makes a better keeper than both Schilling and Pedro. Because of better offensive and defensive support, Peavy is more valuable than both Sheets and Oliver Perez (sorry, i actually value wins...something the Brewers and Pirates won't be doing too much of). Because of a better bullpen behind him, Peavy wins out over Zambrano (not to mention the fact that Zambrano's arm is going to fall off this year).

Hudson? Please. Let me know when he actually starts striking some people out to be worthwhile.

Oswalt? No offense now that Beltran and Kent are gone and Berkman on the DL. Not to mention how pathetic the Astros bullpen is outside of Brad Lidge (ooh, they signed John Franco...that makes me feel soooo much better).

And to top it all off. Peavy gets to pitch in arguably the best pitcher's park in the league for half of his starts. Game. Set. Match. ;-D
Fumbler
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CameronCrazy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:16 am

amen brotha...
say somethin rico
durham=we ghetto
CameronCrazy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:21 am

Fumbler wrote:
Rico The Retard wrote:

Hudson? Please. Let me know when he actually starts striking some people out to be worthwhile.

;-D

Hey if you value wins how about the fact Hudson will probably win 20 this yeard, he'll have good WHIP and ERA also, not to mention he;s not THAT bad at K's plus if you want K's that much jsut get Wood as your number 2 starter. Otherwise I agreee.
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fumbler » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:28 am

Hudson is a great pick. I just personally feel that Peavy is the better overall pick of the two because he's more complete. And like i said, the kicker for me is that he plays in such a friendly pitcher's park.

I'm not slamming any of those other pitchers. I'd love to have any of them. It's just that when you factor in alot of different things (intangibles if you will), Peavy seems the better choice in my opinion.
Fumbler
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers