Ward Churchill's Small Pox Infested Blanket Accusations - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ward Churchill's Small Pox Infested Blanket Accusations

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ward Churchill's Small Pox Infested Blanket Accusations

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:57 pm

Has anyone else been keeping up with this story? I looked into it, and he has some validity.

http://www.nativeweb.org/pages/legal/am ... _jeff.html


however I think this article better describes the big picture
http://www.columbia.edu/~lnp3/mydocs/indian/Mandan.htm
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1490
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: heckling JD Drew

Postby Rico The Retard » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:10 pm

all i have to say is where have you been
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5820
Joined: 16 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Magical Valley Of Love And Happiness

Postby Fireball Express » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:43 pm

White man came across the sea
He brought us pain and misery
He killed our tribes, he killed our creed
He took our game for his own need

We fought him hard we fought him well
Out on the plains we gave him hell
But many came too much for cree
Oh will we ever be set free?

Riding through dustclouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom a stab in the back
Women and children and cowards attack

Run to the hills run for your lives
Run to the hills run for your lives

Soldier blue on the barren wastes
Hunting and killing their game
Raping the women and wasting the men
The only good indians are tame
Selling them whisky and taking their gold
Enslaving the young and destroying the old

Run to the hills run for your lives



Wow, CrazyPooja is still alive. I thought he jumped off a bridge or something in early November! :-D
Image
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2516
Joined: 17 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Basking in the Sunshine

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:10 am

Yeah, I knew about this long before this nutjob ranted about 9/11 victims being Nazi war criminals. Was this guy trying to use this as an example that America was a terrorist country? Yeah, a 300 year old example before America was even a country, just a colony of Britain. The guy is a nutjob who created these theories in order to get media exposure. And of course the media bites and now hes famous. Had we just ignored him, he would have gone away a long time ago. Didn't he also say the Holocaust was an "exaggeration"? Not only does he hate America, hes a Nazi also. This guy sounds credible!
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby blankman » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:13 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Yeah, I knew about this long before this nutjob ranted about 9/11 victims being Nazi war criminals. Was this guy trying to use this as an example that America was a terrorist country? Yeah, a 300 year old example before America was even a country, just a colony of Britain. The guy is a nutjob who created these theories in order to get media exposure. And of course the media bites and now hes famous. Had we just ignored him, he would have gone away a long time ago. Didn't he also say the Holocaust was an "exaggeration"? Not only does he hate America, hes a Nazi also. This guy sounds credible!


Who is the author? I didn't see a name in my quick look...
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:16 am

Ward Churchill. Hes some professor at U of Colorado I believe. He recently spoke at UW-Whitewater talking about how the Holocaust was exaggerated and that the 9/11 victims weren't innocent and were like Nazi war criminals :-t .
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:35 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Yeah, I knew about this long before this nutjob ranted about 9/11 victims being Nazi war criminals. Was this guy trying to use this as an example that America was a terrorist country? Yeah, a 300 year old example before America was even a country, just a colony of Britain. The guy is a nutjob who created these theories in order to get media exposure. And of course the media bites and now hes famous. Had we just ignored him, he would have gone away a long time ago. Didn't he also say the Holocaust was an "exaggeration"? Not only does he hate America, hes a Nazi also. This guy sounds credible!


Well, not exactly true. I mean the Indians were persecuted all through the 19th century, and even today the standards of living on Reservations is pathetic, so its not as if America's unfair treatment happened 300 years ago when America wasn't even a country.

On one level I agree with Churchill in that more should be done to progress the Indian Movement, I disagree with how he's doing it.

Is anyone here familar with the works of Howard Zinn or Noam Chomsky?
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1490
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: heckling JD Drew

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:00 pm

Fireball Express wrote:White man came across the sea
He brought us pain and misery
He killed our tribes, he killed our creed
He took our game for his own need

We fought him hard we fought him well
Out on the plains we gave him hell
But many came too much for cree
Oh will we ever be set free?

Riding through dustclouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom a stab in the back
Women and children and cowards attack

Run to the hills run for your lives
Run to the hills run for your lives

Soldier blue on the barren wastes
Hunting and killing their game
Raping the women and wasting the men
The only good indians are tame
Selling them whisky and taking their gold
Enslaving the young and destroying the old

Run to the hills run for your lives



Wow, CrazyPooja is still alive. I thought he jumped off a bridge or something in early November! :-D


Did you just quote Megadeth?

Anyways I think his points are logically valid although very disagreeable...basically hes stating is the man who builds the gun as guilty as the man who uses it to kill??

Its logical to say yes and logical to say no...i don't think hes a nut job...
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:10 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:White man came across the sea
He brought us pain and misery
He killed our tribes, he killed our creed
He took our game for his own need

We fought him hard we fought him well
Out on the plains we gave him hell
But many came too much for cree
Oh will we ever be set free?

Riding through dustclouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom a stab in the back
Women and children and cowards attack

Run to the hills run for your lives
Run to the hills run for your lives

Soldier blue on the barren wastes
Hunting and killing their game
Raping the women and wasting the men
The only good indians are tame
Selling them whisky and taking their gold
Enslaving the young and destroying the old

Run to the hills run for your lives



Wow, CrazyPooja is still alive. I thought he jumped off a bridge or something in early November! :-D


Did you just quote Megadeth?


Nope. That's Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:44 pm

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:White man came across the sea
He brought us pain and misery
He killed our tribes, he killed our creed
He took our game for his own need

We fought him hard we fought him well
Out on the plains we gave him hell
But many came too much for cree
Oh will we ever be set free?

Riding through dustclouds and barren wastes
Galloping hard on the plains
Chasing the redskins back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Murder for freedom a stab in the back
Women and children and cowards attack

Run to the hills run for your lives
Run to the hills run for your lives

Soldier blue on the barren wastes
Hunting and killing their game
Raping the women and wasting the men
The only good indians are tame
Selling them whisky and taking their gold
Enslaving the young and destroying the old

Run to the hills run for your lives



Wow, CrazyPooja is still alive. I thought he jumped off a bridge or something in early November! :-D


Did you just quote Megadeth?


Nope. That's Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden. ;-D


ahh thats right! shoulda got it!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!


Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact