Roy Halladay - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Roy Halladay

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynoDyno » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:07 pm

fantasyfiend wrote:you gay boys are so precise.

:-D

I will call you Shirly, and we will dance the night away on a silk floor covered with rose petals. Dance with me Shirly, dance like you've never danced before.

I will put a banana on your head, and you will spin around screaming in gleeful delight, like a Banana Split Crazed-Lady. I then shall cover you in hot chocolate, and feed you to the dogs.

I don't like Banana Splits, I hope you understand, but the dancing was fun. Shirly, we'll always have the Macarena.
RynoDyno
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:28 pm

fantasyfiend wrote:Now going past maddux, & hudson....keep giving me names of pitchers who have a career era under 3 and have a k/9 less then 6.50 (if we can lets keep this list exclusive to active players)

Basing it on a < 4.00 ERA then 6 of the 24 active starters have a lower K/9 than 6.5 (Huddy is just above the threshold).
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:43 pm

RynoDyno wrote:
fantasyfiend wrote:you gay boys are so precise.

:-D

I will call you Shirly, and we will dance the night away on a silk floor covered with rose petals. Dance with me Shirly, dance like you've never danced before.

I will put a banana on your head, and you will spin around screaming in gleeful delight, like a Banana Split Crazed-Lady. I then shall cover you in hot chocolate, and feed you to the dogs.

I don't like Banana Splits, I hope you understand, but the dancing was fun. Shirly, we'll always have the Macarena.

LMAO :-b Thats Hilarious
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby fantasyfiend » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:50 pm

Tavish wrote:
fantasyfiend wrote:Now going past maddux, & hudson....keep giving me names of pitchers who have a career era under 3 and have a k/9 less then 6.50 (if we can lets keep this list exclusive to active players)

Basing it on a < 4.00 ERA then 6 of the 24 active starters have a lower K/9 than 6.5 (Huddy is just above the threshold).

Thank You

;-D
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby WhosBabeRuth » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:51 am

I figure it this way: The only 2 seasons he made over 30 starts were 02 and 03. Add the innings he pitched in each of those seasons and divide by 2 (252 is the answer). Add his K rate from each season and divide by two (186). Im too tired to figure out his K/9 rate but since those were his only 2 30 start seasons, thats what you should consider his K/9 rate. His career rate is dumb, he pitched 36 games in 99 but only started 18, so thats dumb to count that year. Anyone else up for figuring out the K/9 averege with those numbers I gave, that should settle it.
WhosBabeRuth
College Coach
College Coach

Postby EricF » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:40 pm

WhosBabeRuth wrote:I figure it this way: The only 2 seasons he made over 30 starts were 02 and 03. Add the innings he pitched in each of those seasons and divide by 2 (252 is the answer). Add his K rate from each season and divide by two (186). Im too tired to figure out his K/9 rate but since those were his only 2 30 start seasons, thats what you should consider his K/9 rate. His career rate is dumb, he pitched 36 games in 99 but only started 18, so thats dumb to count that year. Anyone else up for figuring out the K/9 averege with those numbers I gave, that should settle it.

Using the numbers you present (I haven't checked them) the K/9 rate is 6.64, not a lot higher that what fantasyfiend says his career rate is.
EricF
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fantasyfiend » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:34 pm

Lime wrote:
fantasyfiend wrote:His inability to strike people out scares me...a big part of his success hinges on the teams defense.

He won the Cy Young in '03 with the 25th ranked defense behind him. I'm sorry, who's calling people retards?

I just saw this post now.

Explain to me the 'formula' you use to rank their defense 25th?

If its errors, or fielding% then dont even bother.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers