Roy Halladay - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Roy Halladay

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fantasyfiend » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:39 pm

Dont get me wrong I like Halladay, he's a great real life pitcher, but his fantasy value has limitations because of his mediocre K rate and lackluster bullpen and offense.

that 2003 season was more spectacular from a workhorse standpoint then a # standpoint. (he pitched almost 270 innings)

give barry bonds an extra 200 AB's over the competition and trust me all his quantity #'s will be above the competition as well.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fantasyfiend » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:45 pm

DK wrote:Also, 6.48 K/9 is a highly respectable #... In the top 150 of all time, which is not too shabby.

That k/9 ranked between 25-30 in the majors in '03. Definitely "respectable" but also average (especially from a fantasy standpoint)

if he was on a team with an offense he'd be a 4th round pick easily.

Right now i see him (in mocks) falling as far as the 8th, i say thats good value there.
Last edited by fantasyfiend on Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynoDyno » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:57 pm

fantasyfiend wrote:Right now i see him (in mocks) falling as far as the 8th, i say thats good value their.

Agreed, that is good value in the 8th there, not so much they're though, and definitely not their. My naughty big-little grammar boy!
RynoDyno
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fantasyfiend » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:03 pm

you gay boys are so precise.

:-D
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:05 pm

fantasyfiend wrote:Are you seriously that retarded?

Seriously...

learn this #: career 6.48

untill you learn how to judge a persons ability to strike somebody out (do yourself a favor) and dont make a fool of yourself responding to my posts

You won't get far with that approach.

And btw, anything over 6 K per 9 is considered good. As a example, Hudson is 6.52 and falling fast. Maddux will make the HOF with a 6.27. Halladay is just fine at 6.5. Halladay is the most underrated sp. He will be among the elite.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Aggie_Eric98 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:07 pm

Regarding Halladay, would you keep him as my 5th keeper?
I also have the 3rd pick in the 6th round so I can most likely get 2 of the 3 below.

Vlad Guerrero
Pedro Martinez
Victor Martinez
David Ortiz

Roy Halladay
Vernon Wells
Adam Dunn
Corey Patterson
You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
Aggie_Eric98
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby so0perspam » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:08 pm

Aggie_Eric98 wrote:Regarding Halladay, would you keep him as my 5th keeper?
I also have the 3rd pick in the 6th round so I can most likely get 2 of the 3 below.

Vlad Guerrero
Pedro Martinez
Victor Martinez
David Ortiz

Roy Halladay
Vernon Wells
Adam Dunn
Corey Patterson

I'd give Halladay the slight nod over Dunn in your situation.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby fantasyfiend » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:17 pm

Well ofcourse, nobody drafts maddux and hudson for strikeouts.

They bring a consistent low era, hold opponents to better BAA , and have much better control, and have been traditionally on teams with good run producing offenses and bullpens (for wins)

Now going past maddux, & hudson....keep giving me names of pitchers who have a career era under 3 and have a k/9 less then 6.50 (if we can lets keep this list exclusive to active players)
fantasyfiend
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:19 pm

fantasyfiend wrote:Well ofcourse, nobody drafts maddux and hudson for strikeouts.

They bring a consistent low era, hold opponents to better BAA , and have much better control, and have been traditionally on teams with good run producing offenses and bullpens (for wins)

Now going past maddux, & hudson....keep giving me names of pitchers who have a career era under 3 and have a k/9 less then 6.50 (if we can lets keep this list exclusive to active players)

There are three active players with an ERA under 3 for their career. Try a broader search.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:22 pm

fantasyfiend wrote:Well ofcourse, nobody drafts maddux and hudson for strikeouts.

How many players have career ERA under 3? That would be excellent. Anyways, I think Halladay is primed for a bounceback and is good value in the 6th. I think I'd take him in the 5th round or later.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers