endy chavez?? i need speed bad!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

endy chavez?? i need speed bad!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

endy chavez?? i need speed bad!!

Postby kage812004 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:17 pm

does this guy have any value, i love my team but i defonitly ignored speed and this is the only guy available with sb potential. if so who should i drop??

12team h2h keeper

1b-A.Pujols
2b-J.Kent
ss-Nomar
3b-A.Huff
c-M.Piazza
of-M.Cabrera
of-C.Lee
of-J.D.Drew
ut-R.Hidalgo

sp-Oswalt
sp-R.Harden
rp-F.Cordero
rp-B.J.Ryan
p-M.Clement
p-A.Pettite
p-J.Rincon
p-Otsuka

bench-K.Benson, N.Lowry, V.Zambrano, M.Adams, P.Byrd, D. Harren, R.Winn, J.Dye
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:44 pm

Interesting idea...looking at his stats, you can see them drop precipitously, perhaps as a result of playing in Puerto Rico? That could perhaps suggest that he'll bounce back up this year and might be productive. I'm not sure about Winn's prospects in Seattle for stealing as many. If Chavez got 32 SB last year, only hitting .251, he could be projected to be able to snag as many as 40ish this year and should be available. The problem is, he's not likely to see all that much playing time as he's behind Sledge/ Wilkerson/ and Guillen.

As far as someone to dump, perhaps Haren, Lowry or Byrd? You pitching seems to be deep enough and having 2/3 of them should leave you just as deep, in case any of your regular P go down. I think that you'd be just as good to wait as I don't see Chavez being drafted and he should be on waivers so that, when Guillen beats somebody or something up, you can grab him.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CrimeDog » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:02 pm

I'd let one of the SP off your bench go for him, he could be a solid source of steals this year.
CrimeDog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:13 pm

I would wait and see what happens in ST because its very complicated. It all depends on how Nick Johnson handles first. If hes bad, they'll be forced to move Wilkerson back to first (which they don't want to do) and start Chavez in CF. But if Johnson does decent, Endy will have to wait on the bench for someone to struggle or get hurt.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kage812004 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:10 pm

i did hear that they want him to start in cf this year but it depends on some of the factors u guys listed. if he is the full time center fielder i do think he could be a good source of steals this year but im not sure what to do at this point.
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:18 pm

kage812004 wrote:i did hear that they want him to start in cf this year but it depends on some of the factors u guys listed. if he is the full time center fielder i do think he could be a good source of steals this year but im not sure what to do at this point.

Where did you hear that? If Chavez were starting, he would be a nice, bargain OF who seems likely to be quite a bit more useful this year. Chavez and Sledge both taper off against lefties so there's little danger of platooning. At least on paper, Chavez > Sledge so that's good to have in my head!! As long as they can keep one of them 'the man' and not go DTD with either of them, I think I may grab him in a late round, just to see what happens. Usually in the first couple of weeks, there's a mad dash for SB on the waiver wire from all the people who 'punted' it during the draft.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kage812004 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:09 pm

i read it on yahoo somewhere, i might take a chance on this guy and drop one of my sp?
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GoatLocker » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:16 pm

This came from RotoWorld last nite:

Nationals manager Frank Robinson hopes Endy Chavez is his center fielder, but he hasn't promised him anything.
''I want him to be the center fielder here because we're going to be a better ballclub if he is -- because he'll be doing the things I expect him to do at the top of the lineup,'' Robinson said. ''If he doesn't give me those things, and if I don't feel he fits at the bottom of the lineup, then I have to look for someone else.'' So Chavez will only play if he's good? How does that explain the last two years? Chavez could steal 30 bases and be a $15 fantasy outfielder, but it's doubtful that he'll help the Nats.

Buyer beware, but agree he could be good speed you can get late or off the ww.
Cliff
NL West Winners - San Diego Padres
GoatLocker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:18 pm

I just found the blurb. It sort of looks like the 'position battle' will be more between Sledge and Johnson than between Chavez and Sledge, which did not really look like a 'contest'. I just breezed over to the 'depth chart' section which perplexingly had Chavez behind Wilkerson/ Sledge which did not really make much sense. I think I may just grab him and dump him if he doesn't pan out. Always good to have some SB up your sleeve.... ;-D

Particularly at his price!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers