CBS Sportsline or Yahoo??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS Sportsline or Yahoo???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby OuzoTower » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:47 pm

If you are going to spend the $$$$ for a keeper league I'd go with Sportsline. They have some features that can't be matched by Yahoo but then I've only played the free Yahoo League and spent $ at ESPN for Fantasy Baseball.

What I like about Sportsline is they have good coverage year around plus the sortable stats reports print up real nice too.

Doesn't seem to be much to say about Yahoo........ would be nice hear from somebody who has been involved at both pay sites.
OuzoTower
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:52 pm

I agree. My league is torn on which service to go to. Someone told me that Sportsline gives a draft board and gives the winner some money. Yahoo is said to give free draft package to everyone in the league and a trophy to the winner. Both services give real time stats. Not sure if im right about the amount of things both offer. More insight would be great. Thanks for the info so far.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby pmacxx2 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:15 pm

Sportsline is superior. If you're league is amongst local friends than Sportsline is definitely for you. Better sortable stats, up to the minute live scoring. Its especially good for H 2 H and points leagues. The points scoring options in Sportsline are unmatched. But the greatest thing about Sportsline is the amount of customization they offer with the actual league site. You can write stories with pictures linked to them. You can create unique polls. You can post pictures and logos to the site giving it a very personal feel. It just creates a more exciting and fun atmosphere for the league. Yahoo is so bland. Its not even a comparison.
Stretch! Stretch!
pmacxx2
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers