If you had the 3rd pick in 5x5 roto who would you pick? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

If you had the 3rd pick in 5x5 roto who would you pick?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: no

Postby zeeko20 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:17 pm

bringdachron' wrote:hell no
if pujols is there take him!
all these sumbasses like a-rod for some reason. he doesnt hit .300 or does he have a .400 obp. beltran did not hit .270 last year. i know he was god in the playoffs but over the course of the season pujols will dominate. trust me. pujols has been on the winning team the last 2 years.

Umm he said he had the 3rd pick and Pujols would be gone.
My name is zeeko20, and I'm a Jose Reyes-aholic.
[url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=800863#800863]Please Rate My Team![/url] :)
zeeko20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:24 pm

Assuming Pujols and Vlad have gone, I would take Randy Johnson 3rd.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:30 pm

I dont have enough balls to take Randy Johnson 3rd. The knee scares me, the move back to the AL scares me, the New York pressure scares me, and his age overall scares me.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby NZF » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:43 pm

It's a ballsy call but I see just as much risk with Beltran for a lot of the same reasons.

With Johnson, the injury really is the only major concern, however he was awesome pitching with the dodgy knee last season, so the risk is worth taking for me.

If you look at his record, when first pitching for a new team, it's quite outstanding.

Houston in 1998 and Arizona in 1999.

If he goes close to doing that again in New York, he will be well worth taking at No.3
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:52 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:It's a ballsy call but I see just as much risk with Beltran for a lot of the same reasons.

With Johnson, the injury really is the only major concern, however he was awesome pitching with the dodgy knee last season, so the risk is worth taking for me.

If you look at his record, when first pitching for a new team, it's quite outstanding.

If he goes close to doing that again in New York, he will be well worth taking at No.3
Yes, but those were in the National League. He hasn't pitched against a DH in extended time since 97. I think thats a logical concern.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby NZF » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:15 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:It's a ballsy call but I see just as much risk with Beltran for a lot of the same reasons.

Yes, but those were in the National League. He hasn't pitched against a DH in extended time since 97. I think thats a logical concern.

I keep hearing this stuff about him having to pitch to a DH, but really what difference is that going to make. Carl Pavano maybe but we're talking about Randy Johnson here, Top 2 pitcher in the past decade. Why suddenly is a DH going to have a great deal more success against him than a pitcher had. A small amount maybe, but insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

In fact, go and have a look back at his numbers against AL teams when he faced a DL last season. They're actually better than when he faced a pitcher as the ninth hitter in the NL.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers