IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH DRAFTING THIS EARLY?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH DRAFTING THIS EARLY??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BillyHoe » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:58 pm

Dark Knight wrote:I have 30 yahoo e-mail accounts, and use free Yahoo public leagues as mock drafts, and I might even play one team I like, just for fun.

Thats why I dont play Yahoo public leagues.
BillyHoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby zeeko20 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:02 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:I have 30 yahoo e-mail accounts, and use free Yahoo public leagues as mock drafts, and I might even play one team I like, just for fun.
Thats not cool, some people play those for real and it really sucks when you dont pay attention from day one. :-t

I agree completely. That isn't fair to people who play in those leagues as their only team(s).
My name is zeeko20, and I'm a Jose Reyes-aholic.
[url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=800863#800863]Please Rate My Team![/url] :)
zeeko20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Mills13 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:03 pm

I recommend Foxsports.com. It's a great mock draft site. 10 rounds, great way to test strategy.
Mills13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dark Knight » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:18 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Thats not cool, some people play those for real and it really sucks when you dont pay attention from day one. :-t

Aw come on. Nobody ever takes a free Yahoo league seriuosly. In any one that I have actually played in, about 2 of the 12 people in the league actually stick it out till the end. It's the same in their free football and basketball leagues as well. The only competitive leagues are pay leagues, and people bail out on them as well.
Dark Knight
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nivekred » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:44 pm

I draft early on a couple teams every year, and I find its the baseball nuts that do and they are usually the funner leagues, the only bad is the injury but in preseason always gets one team or two!
nivekred
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:10 am

Dark Knight wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

Aw come on. Nobody ever takes a free Yahoo league seriuosly. In any one that I have actually played in, about 2 of the 12 people in the league actually stick it out till the end. It's the same in their free football and basketball leagues as well. The only competitive leagues are pay leagues, and people bail out on them as well.

Acctually some people do. Esspecially newbie's. Not cool at all....
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby JDD » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:51 am

Anyone who drafts before the Ides of March is asking for trouble, or at the very least gives up the right to whine about Spring Training injuries.
--JDD
JDD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers