Yahoo roster moves, transactions question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo roster moves, transactions question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo roster moves, transactions question

Postby Danimal » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:27 pm

Our league is a 14-team roto point league and is moving to yahoo from CBS. However, the league normally conducted all transactions on Mondays. It was the only chance to adjust the roster and make pick-ups. With Yahoo, is it possible to make daily roster adjustments (bench or start) and still make all transactions weekly? Would it be possible to have daily transactions and still do waiver wire pick-ups on Mondays? One of the options on Yahoo is to either make all unclaimed players free agents or go through the waiver wire process. I guess that has something to do with it.

I know this is involved, but any input is apprecaited.
:-?
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:32 pm

Daily transactions:
The default deadline to make all transactions (trades, waiver claims, and free agent pick-ups) for the following day is 11:59:59 p.m. PT each night. All completed transactions will then be reflected in your lineup for the following day.

So, if you add a player to your roster on Wednesday morning at 6:00 a.m. PT, he will be available to your team on Thursday.

Custom League commissioners may choose to keep this deadline or arrange their league so all transactions can only be made on a weekly basis.

Weekly transactions:
If you choose to configure your league to use the weekly option, all transactions made during the week will be reflected in your lineup on that day of the week.

In order for a transaction to take effect in a given week, it must be completed by 11:59:59 p.m. PT on the day before your league's deadline.

So, if you choose to have all lineup changes occur on Monday, you will need to make all transactions by 11:59:59 p.m. PT each Sunday.

When you wish to make moves, simply click on the "Lineup" link from your team page. Then, advance through the dates to reach the next date during which you can make your roster changes (the deadline guidelines are outlined above).

Then, as you add or drop players from your lineup, you will see the changes reflected in Monday's lineup. Similarly, any trades completed during the week will not become effective until Monday nor will any intra-roster moves (i.e., switching players between active and bench).

For all leagues that do not use weekly transactions, all intra-roster moves (switching players between active and bench spots) can be made until five (5) minutes before the start of each player's game. None of the players involved in a move can have played or be within five minutes of their game's start time. So, for example, all players who play at 4:30 p.m. PT can be moved until 4:25 p.m. PT on game day.

Also, bear in mind that your league may include a trading deadline. Click on the League Settings link from your league home page to view the configuration of your league. Trade deadlines do not impact the ability to add players via waivers or free agency.
Last edited by so0perspam on Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby POJO_Risin » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:32 pm

I've used the Yahoo service for several years...but only the free service...

You pretty much sign up for daily...or weekly...but can't do both...but...

I do believe you can block waiver wire moves as commisioner...and then open them up on any day you want to...while keeping the league a "daily" league...

look in your commisioner tools...and league settings...I do believe there should be something there that allows you to block certain roster moves...

I'm sure there's more to it if you are using the Yahoo pay service...
http://thepojodojo.blogspot.com
POJO_Risin
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mbuser » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:35 pm

yeah even in the free league you can manually block add/drops via the 'commissioner tools' -- however there isn't something set up like you are asking. you'd have to set the transactions to daily and manually lock/unlock everyone (takes about 20 seconds)
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby POJO_Risin » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:39 pm

Yeah...I manually locked waiver moves after the halfway point of last year...on a weekly basis...now that I think of it...to keep it from rampant misuse...as voted by the league...

it's just a matter of clicking everyone's box...
http://thepojodojo.blogspot.com
POJO_Risin
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Danimal » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:47 pm

That helps a lot. Any more input is apprecaited, but I think I got the gist.
;-D
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers