Konerko vs. Sean Green - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Konerko vs. Sean Green

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Konerko vs. Sean Green

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:56 pm

Who would you rather have on your team?Will Konerko take a hit for not having Lee in the lineup?Will Green have a bounce back season @ the B.O.B with some sluggers batting around him?Thanks for your help.
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:57 pm

I like Shawn Green to be a top 10 1B this year while Konerko is more around the 12 range
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby rlee » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:47 pm

I like Green too for two main reasons. I think he'll bounce back this year ... his career numbers at BOB are really good. Secondly, he qulaifies for two positions. I'm really big on multi-position players. Not only do they give you flexibility if one of your players slumps, but it gives you flexibility if you have the need to make trades. :-°
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby RAmst23 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:57 pm

Kinda comparing two 1B that are going to have almost identical value IMO. Konerko and Green are middle of the packers and sit there in the middle tier of 1B that you can grab up after the toppers get drafted.
I'd go for Green because of a little more consistency than Konerko, although not much more. In the last 3 years Konerko has hit 27, 18, 41 HR and Green has 42,19,28. Green is a more consistent RBI, R, producer, and hell, gives you about 5 SBs.

Go with Green, but don't worry about it too much. Plenty of 1B that will give you very similar value to these two.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby so0perspam » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:00 pm

I'd rather have Konerko. I don't think Shawn Green will ever be back to his 2002 self again, and Konerko's 41 HR and 117 RBI's last season is too much for me to pass up on for a risky guy in my mind like Green.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:30 pm

so0perspam wrote:I'd rather have Konerko. I don't think Shawn Green will ever be back to his 2002 self again, and Konerko's 41 HR and 117 RBI's last season is too much for me to pass up on for a risky guy in my mind like Green.

I agree ;-D
"How's the smut business, Jackie?"
Jackie Treehorn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:35 pm

thanks guys!
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OuzoTower » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:14 pm

Sean Green wakes up in the desert. Getting away from LA is a boost for any hitter. Kornerko will have a good season as well but watch Sean Edge him for overall value.........plus he will be cheaper!
OuzoTower
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:57 pm

so0perspam wrote:I'd rather have Konerko. I don't think Shawn Green will ever be back to his 2002 self again, and Konerko's 41 HR and 117 RBI's last season is too much for me to pass up on for a risky guy in my mind like Green.

yep. i'm with soop here. after last season, his 03 numbers are really looking like an anomaly. i can see him cracking the top 10 1B for this year and i'm pretty happy to see other owners take shawn green over him. i personally don't think green will be much better in ARZ.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Return to Baseball Leftovers