Rollins to run more - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rollins to run more

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PhillyFan1 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:39 am

Rollins has been waiting for the chance to run, I beleive this will finally rank him with the best SSs in the league. Can't wait to see it happen! ;-D
"I am, who I become; therefore success is not a destination, but rather a never ending journey."
PhillyFan1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby watts1931 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:04 pm

if any of you are from philly, or have been following spring training so far.....jimmy rollins is getting a lotta hype from manuel. Manuel wants him to run and play his game. Also, if you've seen rollins he looks different. He packed on a lot of muscle. Hes pretty much jacked, according to comcast sportsnet. I've seen pictures and one video clip so far, and he does look like he got some build. In my opinion, rollins could emerge as one of the top all around SS's this year. As for fantasy value, I think he'll prove to be a lot better than everyone thinks. Hes gonna steal bases, and all of his numbers will rise. As for how much they will rise, no one knows.........
watts1931
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:14 pm

This is just coach speak and you shouldn't put too much stock into it. It happens every year, and it rarely pans out. I'm keeping Rollins where I had him, tied for 5th with Furcal.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby NZF » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:22 pm

Talyn wrote:Lofton will hit second. Manuel has said Rollins will be his leadoff hitter.

Again, I hope this is true but I honestly can't see Lofton hitting in the 2 hole. He's played in the majors forever and he's never hit there before. Very unlikely he starts now. It's more likely he bats 8 and Utley hits second if Manuel keeps Rollins leading off..
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Talyn » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:30 pm

Rollins was so good last season that new manager Charlie Manuel plans to keep him in the top spot and bat veteran leadoff hitter Kenny Lofton second.

"Jimmy did a lot last season," Manuel said. "He's come really far. He's established himself up there and deserves to stay there."

Utley looks to bat sixth or seventh, where his line-drive stroke and pop can generate more runs. Either way, both can expect to see their names in the lineup frequently.

LINK
Talyn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers