Rollins to run more - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rollins to run more

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Talyn » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:02 am

New Zealand Fan wrote:I was huge on Rollins late last year before the Phillies got Lofton. It appears as though Lofton will hit lead-off now (at least against righty starters). That needs to be taken into account when projecting Rollins steal totals.

Where did you hear that? Rollins is the lead-off hitter. Lofton will bat second.
Last edited by Talyn on Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Talyn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nikku88 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:07 am

This could improve his value a lot. I don't see him getting that many, but running more would be good for us. ;-)
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Tavish » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:10 am

People seem to be putting a ton of stock in a manager's Pre-Spring Training statements. Rollins has a ton of value regardless, but I still wouldn't expect any more than 40 SB out of him.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby NZF » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:10 am

Are you saying Lofton will bat 8th?

I hope so but all the sites I've seen have Lofton leading off and Rollins hitting 2.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:35 am

No way they can hit Rollins 8th. In my mind he has to be 1 or 2 in that order.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Talyn » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:40 am

Lofton will hit second. Manuel has said Rollins will be his leadoff hitter.

This is what I think the lineup will be based on what i've heard(against right-handers):

Rollins
Lofton
Abreu
Thome
Burrell
Utley
Bell
Lieberthal
Pitcher

Manuel has talked about putting Burrell fourth and Thome fifth, but that will probably depend on how well Burrell plays.
Talyn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby swingaway » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:11 am

Rollins= overvauled pick of the year. Peopel ranking him 3rd how what has he done to overtake nomar, rent, furcal, jeter, young? I just see him being overvauled i mean his average is horrible just last year it was pretty good. Heck i go out on a limb and say reyes will out perform rollins this yer and you can get considerably cheaper than rollins.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pedantic » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:13 am

swingaway wrote:Rollins= overvauled pick of the year. Peopel ranking him 3rd how what has he done to overtake nomar, rent, furcal, jeter, young? I just see him being overvauled i mean his average is horrible just last year it was pretty good. Heck i go out on a limb and say reyes will out perform rollins this yer and you can get considerably cheaper than rollins.

Just because his average has been bad in the past doesn't mean that is what will happen in the future. He is still very young. I'm not sure I would put him third at short, but he is still a very good pick. Nomar and Renteria's stocks have taken a dive, what with injuries and poor seasons.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby RynMan » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:26 am

swingaway wrote:Rollins= overvauled pick of the year. Peopel ranking him 3rd how what has he done to overtake nomar, rent, furcal, jeter, young? I just see him being overvauled i mean his average is horrible just last year it was pretty good. Heck i go out on a limb and say reyes will out perform rollins this yer and you can get considerably cheaper than rollins.

All of Rollins key indicators have gotten better each year, and his numbers have improved as a result. He is improving in every aspect and is maturing very quickly (as Pedantic stated) he IS very young still. 40 SB potential with good average, some pop, and hitting in a great hitters park + hitting team - he is top 4 in my mind.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby stumpak » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:57 am

He might steal 70--over the next two seasons. That sounds like the typically rah-rah spring training statement. Manuel's probably also saying that Thome looks so sharp he could hit 60 and Abreu's eye is really impressive and that he could hit .350. Bumping a guy up based on a statement like this is an unreasonable leap of faith.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers