About keepers and drafting position - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

About keepers and drafting position

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

About keepers and drafting position

Postby paulman8 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:59 pm

Ok, I'm doing a 10 team keeper league with my friends, and we're just starting. The rules are that each manager will be allowed to keep 3 players who are on their team at the end of the year who were drafted (regardless of who drafted them) after Round 3. The draft is a snake draft, with last pick of the first round picking first in the second round. (Therefore, last pick overall gets the first keeper) In light of this information, which draft position do you think would be best. Im #4 in terms of drafting order right now, and I'm fairly confident that there are 4 players at the top of the league (Pujols, Arod, Vlad, and Beltran). Id rather have Vlad than Beltran, but in my current position I dont think that'll happen. However, we made a rule that you can switch drafting spots with anyone who agrees to. Ive been talking to the guy at #2 and he said he might switch...should I trade up to #2 and sacrifice a little in round 2 and the first keeper round for the ability to get pujols, Arod, or Vlad and a better 3rd rounder? (we'd be swapping all rounds draft picks, but the difference becomes less important the farther down the draft we look). I'd really like some help with this...thanks.
Seeing as the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row, does that mean that soon they are going to have to start making columns as well???

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74587
paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby paulman8 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:38 pm

can I get some help here please? Im really curious...I've never done a keeper league before and Im wondering how everything I said effects where I should go from here
Seeing as the Braves have won 12 division titles in a row, does that mean that soon they are going to have to start making columns as well???

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74587
paulman8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers